11 speaker amp and wiring

Participant count
  • Participant list

donmcgowen

I have a 2015 Mustang GT. It has the 9 speaker interior speakers plus I added 2 subs, so 11 total. The doors have 2 way component plus a tweeter. Also has a center channel.

Right now I have a 4ch amp powering 8 speakers inside, no center. Then a mono amp for the subs. It sounds OK, but not great.

This is what I want. I powerful and clean sound. What are my options for the doors with 3 speakers. I've seen 3 way component door speakers I could do, or should I do a 2 way and just ditch the little mid range. Also, should I keep the center or should I ditch it? And last, do I need a sound processor to tune the sound, like the LC8?

If it was your car, how would you do it. I was thinking of keeping my 4ch amp to power the rear deck 6.5". Then get a 5 ch and bridge to 2ch to power the 6 door speakers and use the mono channel to power the center channel. But, I would want to make sure I could run the center channel as a tru center, if not ill ditch it.

I just feel too many options and I'm not a pro. I install all my own stuff, but I'm used to just a standard 2 way component door and rear deck speakers powered by a 4ch amp, then a mono amp for the subs.

I really would like to utilize the 9 speaker system if I can. But I'm looking for sound quality over anything. I want to be able to tune the system so I get a real surround sound setup.

So throw me some ideas. I'm not spending $5k. I'm thinking of some decent Infinity components or similar, and decent second 4 or 5 channel amp for $400 or so. Rear deck speakers may be $150. If I can use the center and a real center, I would spend $150 on something. Plus I'll spend $200-400 on a sound processor if needed.

Thanks guys and girls.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.