2010 Toyota Highlander Limited SiriusXM?

Participant count
  • Participant list

zc77712

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey everyone! I'm a car stereo newbie and I know next to nothing about car stereos, only features. I recently purchased a 2010 Toyota Highlander Limited under the impression that it would have Bluetooth pairing, SiriusXM, and the ability to see what's currently playing. I didn't have the opportunity to test these things out at the dealership and I was led to believe that it was capable of all of those things. Unfortunately, the stock radio only seems to have the ability to pair with my phone for calls, not music and it does not currently have SiriusXM installed. I can plug my phone into the AUX, but I could do that with my last car. I really want to see what's playing on my display. I took my Highlander up to a local stereo shop and they informed me that the Highlander Limited trim level's button placement made it impossible to find a dash kit for any head unit replacements. They also informed me that a SiriusXM tuner would have to be mounted onto my dash in order to see what's playing. Is that true? Is there a way to discreetly install a SiriusXM tuner and still see the current song information on the stock head unit? Are there any other ways to possibly upgrade things and bring my media experience into the modern age?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...