Help with new system!

just went to reus ! great people but definetly our of my budget for this car. maybe if I had gone here first before I spent all this money. definetly on my next car. he also recommend beach auto sound. so I went there. they were pretty slammed so they couldn't do much today but the gentlemen that I spoke with jumped in my car and set some xovers on the head unit to make it sound better for now untill they can look at my amps.

The gentleman at beach auto sound suggests another amp with more power but he didn't give any ideas. I been looking and just don't know what to get. should I get a good ab for my focal k2s ? how is hifonics Brutus line? I was thinking of getting BRX1616.4 but I don't know if it will do justice for the k2s. suggestions on a high power/quality amplifier?

The gentleman at beach auto sound suggests another amp with more power but he didn't give any ideas. I been looking and just don't know what to get. should I get a good ab for my focal k2s ? how is hifonics Brutus line? I was thinking of getting BRX1616.4 but I don't know if it will do justice for the k2s. suggestions on a high power/quality amplifier?
nope stay the fk away from hifonics lol. NVX JAD 800.4 or ppi 900.4 or soundstream 900.4 for a budget powerful clean amp, They are all clones of the hertz hcp4d amps and have been used to win SQ comps.

These are all amplifier dynos showing you clean power under 1% THD numbers

If by some reason you just want to have class A/B just for the sake of it... https://www.amazon.com/Zapco-ST-4XSQ-Studio-Channel-Amplifier/dp/B013F34IU6. You can run both the arc (for tweeters) and zapco (for mids) bridged into 2 channel stereo mode if you need more power.

I'd recommend going early or else the place will just get filled up.

so I had a blown tweeter that's why it sounded off to me they replaced it and it sounds a lot better. my subs were bridged. some notes sounded amazing,hard perfect and some just didn't sound right. I looked at my subs, took them out of box and they are 4ohm speakers had them bridged to 2 I guess that's why they weren't sounding right. they sound better now just not as hard on some of those tones. my next step is bass. I don't really want to spend 700 on 2 12inch 2500 dds and a new box. I would like to buy some new subs that will sound good with the box I have now. and a new amp to power them. I feel like I am so close to being 100% satisfied!!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

So after more ups and downs. I decided to contact one of my favorite you tube host Doug from amplified and sound man inc and Rafa from xtreme auto sports. I didn't expect either of them to get back to me. But Rafa contacted me felt bad for what I've been going threw. he said come in down so I drove 2 hours away and within a matter of minutes he had my system sounding the best I ever herd. and this is with 2 blown tweeters! he found out why I kept blowing tweeters. it was because advanced car creations ad the xover set to +3db on the tweeters. so I went back to advanced had them warranty the tweets. I told them just hand them over to me do not install lol. so I went back to rafa had him install a twk88 dsp and we went active! sound amazing! time aligned tuned to perfection! just got a jl 13w7 and had a box made for the W7 just have to wait a while to afford the amp and I think I will be done with this system! so happy I finally found a quality installer and some one that understands frequencies and knows the correct way to install and tune!!!

So after more ups and downs. I decided to contact one of my favorite you tube host Doug from amplified and sound man inc and Rafa from xtreme auto sports. I didn't expect either of them to get back to me. But Rafa contacted me felt bad for what I've been going threw. he said come in down so I drove 2 hours away and within a matter of minutes he had my system sounding the best I ever herd. and this is with 2 blown tweeters! he found out why I kept blowing tweeters. it was because advanced car creations ad the xover set to +3db on the tweeters. so I went back to advanced had them warranty the tweets. I told them just hand them over to me do not install lol. so I went back to rafa had him install a twk88 dsp and we went active! sound amazing! time aligned tuned to perfection! just got a jl 13w7 and had a box made for the W7 just have to wait a while to afford the amp and I think I will be done with this system! so happy I finally found a quality installer and some one that understands frequencies and knows the correct way to install and tune!!!
Bud I'm glad that everything worked out ok for you. I would suggest though that before buying really expensive gear that you research some of the lesser known brands. Jl audio makes fantastic gear but I would've fathered an incriminator audio flatline or a Jl w6 over the w7.

You are audio amp is a fine amp. You may of needed more power if you were maxing out but for its class arc audio is fine gear.

Morel makes fine components as does Hertz, hybrid audio, Memphis audio, alpine type x line and in budget scenarios the pioneer d series was a very nice set up at one time.

You could also piece together a system

Something like a Dayton ho series sub, silverflute mids and a nice set of tweets that can be crossed to 2600hz will sound very nice for minimum budget

Just good for though everyone has their own budgets and their own comfort levels.

Bud I'm glad that everything worked out ok for you. I would suggest though that before buying really expensive gear that you research some of the lesser known brands. Jl audio makes fantastic gear but I would've fathered an incriminator audio flatline or a Jl w6 over the w7.
You are audio amp is a fine amp. You may of needed more power if you were maxing out but for its class arc audio is fine gear.

Morel makes fine components as does Hertz, hybrid audio, Memphis audio, alpine type x line and in budget scenarios the pioneer d series was a very nice set up at one time.

You could also piece together a system

Something like a Dayton ho series sub, silverflute mids and a nice set of tweets that can be crossed to 2600hz will sound very nice for minimum budget

Just good for though everyone has their own budgets and their own comfort levels.
I much agree about the lesser known brands. but my thing is buying something with put hearing it first. I've gone down that road and I am rarely happy with the out come. I went with the jl 13w7 because I have herd them a couple times in a couple different vehicles and I was very happy with the sound and feel of them. the price on them also made it hard for me to give in and buy it. but I met a guy that is a distributor and he got me one for $885 so I couldn't really pass that up. it's like a new toy with no batteries since its going to be sitting for a while untill I can afford to put her in the trunk.

I much agree about the lesser known brands. but my thing is buying something with put hearing it first. I've gone down that road and I am rarely happy with the out come. I went with the jl 13w7 because I have herd them a couple times in a couple different vehicles and I was very happy with the sound and feel of them. the price on them also made it hard for me to give in and buy it. but I met a guy that is a distributor and he got me one for $885 so I couldn't really pass that up. it's like a new toy with no batteries since its going to be sitting for a while untill I can afford to put her in the trunk.
A lot of car audio is trial and error. Computers and calculations may get you perfect sound reproduction but the end user often doesn't like the bland tone of perfect sound. We often push for more mid bass, bass, or even really bright tweeters depending on personal taste.

The good thing about having more than you need is that it's easy to cut down, but you can't magically make something grow

A lot of car audio is trial and error. Computers and calculations may get you perfect sound reproduction but the end user often doesn't like the bland tone of perfect sound. We often push for more mid bass, bass, or even really bright tweeters depending on personal taste.
The good thing about having more than you need is that it's easy to cut down, but you can't magically make something grow
well put! and that is exactly where I am at. it's been about a week since rafa rta and fine tuned my system. and it sounds amazing don't get me wrong but for my personal preference I feel we need to make it a little more bright to get the crisp I desire. and my mid bass could be a little more mid like but that's my personal preference. we will dial it in when I get another arc amp for the rears. they are running on a very old kicker 200.4 at the moment and one of the rca terminals has a loose connection inside so I have the rears unpluggedfor now because I don't want to damage the speakers by having them kick on while I am at a high volume and blow

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.