Help with new install!

FISHKILLER
10+ year member

JUst finished up my build. Have infinifty Kappa 6.5 comp in the front and 4 inch plates in the rear with a 450/4 JL on those. A pair of 10W6 jl in a sealed .625 cubic foot box with a 1000/1 on those. Did the big three in 1/0.

any ways problem is on my subs/amp. I have them wired for the amp to see 4 ohms. On some of the bass notes it sounds like the sbs are bottoming out maybe? ALso on the amp there is a low impedance light which also lights up at the same time I hear the noise? Could it be an amp issue or sub issue? Really sounds like they want to take more power when it happens. Amp is turned just over halfway when this happens and head unit is 21 or 22 out of 35. I assume it is not too much power. ANy help would be awesome. Other than this it all sounds incredible to me. highs and mids are crisp and nice. Bass is super tight and just on the verge of brain rattlin when it statrs do the funky thing. Its not distortion but something else. Thanks for any help.

OK ding dong on my self. Put ohm meter on sub wire and what do ya know, it was reading 2 ohms. Pulled speaker and sure enough voice coils wired in parralel on both subs. All sorted out now and sounds incredible. Really, for a pair of tens its kinda mind blowing. LOvin it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.