Help with new audio configuration - Porsche

Participant count
  • Participant list

spmorgan

I have a 1999 Porsche Cabriolet (convertible) and need some help determining how I should configure my audio.

I have a X305 Alpine head unit, a PDX-5 Alpine 4x125 and 1x400 (birth records) amplifier. I have a set of Focal Polyglass 5.5" components, and a 10" JLW3. The car has a place for 4" components in the top of the dash, a place for a 5.5" speaker in the door, and another place for 4" components in the rear side.

I have already installed the JL 10" in the passenger floorboard in a fiberglass enclosure. I also have the Focal's installed, the tweeters in the dash and the 5.5" in the doors. I'm only running two of the amp channels, the sub and the front. Right now it sounds pretty good, but I have another amp channel, no rear fill, and space for another 4" in the dash.

Can anyone recommend a configuration for me? I'm fine with buying more speakers, and I have two other amplifiers that I'm not using (and really would rather not because of space), a JL A6450 and a Precision Power PCX-480.

Any thoughts? Thanks!!!

Shawn

So, based on the lack of replies...I was thinking about adding a 4" Focal Utopia mid in the front, and leaving the rear empty (no fill). I'm not sure how I would amp that setup though, cause it would mean a tweeter and the 4" in the front, and the 5.5" in the doors.

Now can anyone help? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.