Help with my enclosure

guys, I understand that everything is wrong with my layout, but I need first to understand how cancellation Works in my case, otherwise I'll do same **** again

Not sure how someone can explain it in a way you'd understand? Anyone that would continue to do things that don't work just because said person doesn't understand something but is being told a better way but continues to do it all wrong?Not sure why you would do that but ok.

Idk maybe think about how air pressure/sound waves and trunk and cabin can affect things. 

Seems to me having the back wave firing into the cabin while the front wave is firing into the rear of the trunk is a problem but idk I've never tried it. Seems like a bad idea to me anyway 

hi Brahs!!! so Little update!!

I took out the sub from the trunk to test it and surprise, it was leaking everywhere!!! basically, they used the outer carpet as sealant, and nailed the cheap "MDF"

there where gaps up to 1cm!!!!!

I sealed everything with some Wood-silicone, and everything changed radically.

still bending everywhere, but at least, its sealed, and all the air exits from the port. the sound is nothing special, sounds.

hair is moving fairly, if i volume up, so good sign, i'll put a video on YouTube soon

next step, stuff some wool, maybe it helps with the bending and bad quality MDF. its not even MDF, its pressed carton.

hi Brahs!!! so Little update!!

I took out the sub from the trunk to test it and surprise, it was leaking everywhere!!! basically, they used the outer carpet as sealant, and nailed the cheap "MDF"

there where gaps up to 1cm!!!!!

I sealed everything with some Wood-silicone, and everything changed radically.

still bending everywhere, but at least, its sealed, and all the air exits from the port. the sound is nothing special, sounds.

hair is moving fairly, if i volume up, so good sign, i'll put a video on YouTube soon

next step, stuff some wool, maybe it helps with the bending and bad quality MDF. its not even MDF, its pressed carton.
and you still used that piece of **** enclosure? maybe pictures can surpass the language barrier. 

the first enclosure I've ever built, 3/4 inch birch and a jigsaw, router, and circular saw gets you this:

aPCZQDS.jpg

you need to listen to the advice given to you. moving a tiny amount of air is nothing considering all the time you put into it so far

guys, I understand that everything is wrong with my layout, but I need first to understand how cancellation Works in my case, otherwise I'll do same **** again
We told you this on your old thread. Port and subs should be on the same plane or port has to fire to the trunk especially in a trunk or you seal it up and wall it off from the trunk completely. I cant believe you have a leaky sealed box made with particle board and a port opposite direction from it. Here this is whats good or not good cancellation 101. Trunk hatch is on the left side, cabin is the right side. Difference between good A Vs Bad A is a trunk wall you have to seal the subs and port completely off from the trunk, nothing can get back inside the trunk or else you lose ALL bass.

TrunkSubwooferPlacement_zps32a2600c.png

Last edited by a moderator:
We told you this on your old thread. Port and subs should be on the same plane or port has to fire to the trunk especially in a trunk or you seal it up and wall it off from the trunk completely. I cant believe you have a leaky sealed box made with particle board and a port opposite direction from it. Here this is whats good or not good cancellation 101. Trunk hatch is on the left side, cabin is the right side. Difference between good A Vs Bad A is a trunk wall you have to seal the subs and port completely off from the trunk, nothing can get back inside the trunk or else you lose ALL bass.

very interesting, most people here have the Bad (b) layout.

I'll try Good (b) to see if something changes

thanks for the imput, i might end up making a 4th order right? its the only solution I think

images

very interesting, most people here have the Bad (b) layout.

I'll try Good (b) to see if something changes

thanks for the imput, i might end up making a 4th order right? its the only solution I think

your box cant be any of these configurations because the subs and port are on opposite ends so all you get is "bad x infinity regardless of your orientation"  only way it might possibly work is if you have the port fire the rear towards the trunk.  In a ported configuration, the face of the subs is not important, its where the port is facing which is important. You are technically at bad A in the diagram.

Definite no on the 4th order unless you use 10 inch subs. 4th order for two 15s would only fit in an SUV taking up all the cargo area space means its a BIG fking enclosure that will never fit in a trunk EVER. two 15s ported enclosure is already hard to fit in a trunk let alone a fking 4th order..  So dont go from one f**k up to another f**k up man. like I said, you have no idea what to do so have someone else design your system for you and the enclosure as well. You are just wasting your time with all your ideas.

oke I just made some tests yesterday, and some Little adjustments, i came to the conclusión that the db are correct for my needs, I know I could pull out of 2x 15" much more than that.

but I did not buy the 15" for SPL, but more for the sound they make. I'm happy with the sound, and like I said, I could try to stuff wool to gain some extra volume and limit bending-impact of the bad enclosure.

oke I just made some tests yesterday, and some Little adjustments, i came to the conclusión that the db are correct for my needs, I know I could pull out of 2x 15" much more than that.

but I did not buy the 15" for SPL, but more for the sound they make. I'm happy with the sound, and like I said, I could try to stuff wool to gain some extra volume and limit bending-impact of the bad enclosure.
poly fill does not magically make up for a box thats 1/2 of what it needs to be. It can help 5% at best, its not going to work any kind of miracle  you think it will. Stop working with that box, scrap it and make something completely different with the whole setup completely.

15s dont provide "the sound they make" its the same as a fking 12, just more cone area which needs a much bigger enclosure. A single 8 in a proper ported enclosure would completely sh*t all over your 15 in both sound quality, deep bass and loud spl. What you have right now is a pile of trash.

You have a whole forum full of car audio enthusiast and professional competitors telling you that exact thing for 1000000000x already but you absolutely refuse to do the smart thing to get results, you rather work with the complete failure thinking it might improve, its not. 

poly fill does not magically make up for a box thats 1/2 of what it needs to be. It can help 5% at best, its not going to work any kind of miracle  you think it will. Stop working with that box, scrap it and make something completely different with the whole setup completely.

15s dont provide "the sound they make" its the same as a fking 12, just more cone area which needs a much bigger enclosure. A single 8 in a proper ported enclosure would completely sh*t all over your 15 in both sound quality, deep bass and loud spl. What you have right now is a pile of trash.

You have a whole forum full of car audio enthusiast and professional competitors telling you that exact thing for 1000000000x already but you absolutely refuse to do the smart thing to get results, you rather work with the complete failure thinking it might improve, its not. 
yeah bro, for shure, I'm building up some experience. I could also try to build a 4th order with only one woofer and use the other one as spare or make a sealed box out of it. I think 4th or 6th order is the only way to work in my car's layout right?? I have to seal one side, and throw everything in the cabin through the port

yeah bro, for shure, I'm building up some experience. I could also try to build a 4th order with only one woofer and use the other one as spare or make a sealed box out of it. I think 4th or 6th order is the only way to work in my car's layout right?? I have to seal one side, and throw everything in the cabin through the port
it has to be a pretty big port, not that tiny port you have, the box will take up the whole trunk. You also need to completely seal off the trunk. BLOCK EVERYTHING OFF, prevent any kind of sound or air pressure from going into the trunk or else its not going to work. You dont just seal off the sides of your box, you need to seal off your rear deck as well. Absolutely no kind of open hole that has any sound or air leak from the cabin to the trunk. 

If your subs work well in a small sealed box, a 4th order for both 15s would work but you literally would have to build the box inside the trunk and it'll be a very permanent thing and would 100% be above your fabrication skill level I'd think.

20120423_005912.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

How much power you have?
Little, like 500RMS high sensibility, its 2 muddy 15" MTX, but I love that sound.

speaking about that, I compared it to single 15" in a proper enclosure, and proper trunk, and they sound very similar.

my trunk is very complicated, too sealed for standard frontfiring bass réflex, not enough sealed for using the trunk as 4th order

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.