Help with elec

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jrobison918

Oklahoma
Could someone give me just a quick estimation of how many watts a person could expect to be able to comfortably run on a vehicle with an electrical system of a 130a alt, one XS D2400 under the hood and a full 0 gauge big 3 run? This is the elec that I've decided on for myself, but I need to know if it is enough juice to fully run what I want.

1000-1500w rms but don't expect wonders, you'll still get some drop at idle and worse at night of course. stick with efficient amps with class D topology.

Just 1k-1.5k? I ask because on my previous daily driver, I ran around 1100 and never had trouble with dimming even. Was I putting that much stress on my electrical system and not knowing it?

was your amp actually putting out that much power? were your gains set low? does your vehicle have stock electronics that use a lot of current?

there's a lot of factors, with a huge one being amplifier efficiency.

I will admit that when I say 1100, I was assuming. I had a Brutus 1600 going to a Q 18 (the old 1krms). It seemed to push the Q pretty close to it's limits. I'm only looking to run 1500-2000 so I guess either way it works.

was your amp actually putting out that much power? were your gains set low? does your vehicle have stock electronics that use a lot of current?
there's a lot of factors, with a huge one being amplifier efficiency.
Gain was set to 1/3-3/8ish.

it's hard to say, but i would plan on 1500-200 like you said and see what happens. worst case scenario just turn the gains down a little or add a second battery.

most 1kw rms mono amps will use 100 amps of current without hesitation, consider your stock alt is 130a and your vehicle probably uses 20a when running - that's why im saying you'll run into issues.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.