help with drum n bass setup

If that's what you mainly listen too, I don't care if you have the best controlled subs around; If your ear is attentive to detail at all, you will get group delay in a regular slotted port. Dieselboy and TI are very fast and change frequency often. Sealed will perform best for SQ considerations.
A kerfed box is where the right-angle of the port is "rounded." Do a search and see what I mean.
i found the kerfed box, but i dont think it will work in my hatch. I guess sealed will be teh way to go. it just ***** you cant tune them for like 32 hz, can you?

midline sub?
Subs in your budget, $150-200. Their are quite a few that will work well in a sealed box. You just need to do a little product research.

Dont buy a certain brand because someone says it is the best, look for a sub that fits your budget and will work in a sealed box. One of my favorite sealed subs is the original JL W6.

alot of cheaper subs sound nice in hatches //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Im glad ebay has like last year models, so you can get them cheaper //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
anyone know any good ones under 150 on ebay? if i have to ill buy one 12" at a time.

but i just wonder if the volfenhag mono 1800w/650rms amp is good? i had the 2000w 2ch and it was pretty nice
I looked up Kicker Cvx's on egay, and they were around 140 each. But with the power from that amp, you'd probably get louder with some CVR's for around 70 each. That amp is pretty much crap though, it probably puts out around 600 watts on a good day without horrible amounts of distortion.

well then what amp would you reccomend? I dont need like 1500wRMS. i just want a good system that will shake some ****. my honda came with no bass //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

i have the pioneer 800w mono its like the gm7100m or some ****. thatll hold me over till i find an amp. any reccomendations on a sub/amp setup for less than 350-400?

ebay rocks!

i found the kerfed box, but i dont think it will work in my hatch. I guess sealed will be teh way to go. it just ***** you cant tune them for like 32 hz, can you?

You can't tune a sealed box, so no. But if you build it sub specific and get some "decent" equipment it will hit 32 hz just fine. My 4 RD Sonance 12" in a sealed didn't get low to begin with, but once they were broken in they get just as low as my ported box did with my Alpha 10." ****, my 12s" will hit 27 hz great sealed.

Oh, and if you're wanting to go cheap and start talking about getting some Volfenhag or whatever they are, dude...you need to read around on this forum if you give a **** at all about your CA.

nah, after dude told me volfenhag *****, ill pass. I only considered them because i had 2 sony 12's in a slot box and it beat the **** out of them and sounded nice

Like i said, If i have to... ill buy one 12" at a time. so ill spend around 150 on it.

the amp i still need to find. It would be nice to find one under 250.

for budget systems a better single sub rather than 2 lesser subs works great. but its more dependent on a good box and install for what you want out of it.

On low power, yes you can move more air with more speaker surface. The flip side is you have to split the wattage to two drivers and you are more likely to run out of power and cause distortion. Any reasonable amount of power will drive a single sub to higher levels cleaner. It really depends on the wattage being used. There is a point where the rules flip.

well when i mentioned the volfenhag amp, i was going to buy 2 of them, and run 1 sub per 1 amp.

I guess right now I have no ****ing clue what to do. I just want nice sounding system with some hard thump.

Idk what amp to get

IDK what subs to get

lame.

I just have one simple phrase for the OP to remember: "Buy cheap, buy twice"

My best advice would be to save up your money and do it right the first time, otherwise you are going to waste a lot of money trying to get the sound you are after!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.