Help with choosing the correct amplifier for this setup

Participant count
  • Participant list

venoxcide

US
Hello everyone, excuse me if I sound like a total noob, this is my first car audio setup.

Here is what I have currently:

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-X6600BT

Door Speakers: 2x JBL GX602 (60W RMS, 180W Peak)

Rear Speakers: 2x Standard Mitsubishi Factory Speakers (Don't really care about these)

Subwoofer: Pioneer TS-W304R 12" (300W RMS, 1300W Peak, 4 Ohms)

So, basically what I want to do is find a four channel amplifier that I can perhaps run two channels to the two door speakers without blowing it, and then bridge the last two channels to power the subwoofer.

I've been looking at the Pioneer GM-D8604 amplifier, which has 100 RMS x 4 I believe (according to Amazon reviews).

So my question is would this be a good option or are there any better options?

I assume sending 100W RMS to the two door speakers and 200W RMS to the sub isn't going to damage anything as long as I don't crank it all the way up?

I'm not looking for competition level sound, I just want a nicer sounding setup. I got the subwoofer then realized that my door speakers play very softly using the 18W that the head unit puts out and the sub would overpower them so thats when I started looking at four channel amps.

Thanks for any help!

You are definitely right, but the ones you listed are a bit outside of my price range for the time being. I suppose a better question to ask would be would the configuration I posted above work or would it cause problems

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.