help with box design

Participant count
  • Participant list
fiberglass or MDF that is all i need to know for right now and i don't get how my statement was a story........
Rude noob is rude.

Build a proper MDF box for starters, play around, get your hands dirty. Make a fancy lookin' fiberglass box down the road to show your homies what those Fosgates can do their CVRs.

They will be all like, "ohhdaayyummm dawggg, lemme checc dat."

i wasn't trying to be rude just a bit frustrated and i'm not some thugged out OG trying to keep it hood i just want to have a nice setup i would like to be in a magazine one day i want to learn how to do this stuff so maybe one day i can open a shop......you know nothing about me i did 6 yrs in the military now i wanna do something fun something that i enjoy so if you cannot help me please don't comment...

i wasn't trying to be rude just a bit frustrated and i'm not some thugged out OG trying to keep it hood i just want to have a nice setup i would like to be in a magazine one day i want to learn how to do this stuff so maybe one day i can open a shop......you know nothing about me i did 6 yrs in the military now i wanna do something fun something that i enjoy so if you cannot help me please don't comment...
Far from being in a magazine. . . . and little did you know, you are qualified to open a car audio shop as is. You'd be baffled at what some shops don't know.

Who said you are a "thugged out OG" ?

Thugged out OGs don't drive Toyotas, we can assume you are AMRUICAN.

Alright then, then to answer your question.. we need a bit more info..

What are your goals? SPL or SQ? [trying to get LOUD or sound good]

How much power do you have at hand? [amp]

Start with MDF, once you find box specs you like, then look into Fiberglassing as it is a lot more work.. it would **** to make a fiberglass box only to hate how it sounds. . .

You said you aren't happy, is that with sounds.. or looks?

Edit: Oh! I said you were a thugged out homie, LOL. I didn't read post above this one . . . Ah, I forgot..

i want sound quality but also a bit loud........... what does it take to be in a magazine? also i don't want to open a mediocre shop i want top of the line employees equipment ect... so you say start with the specs from the box wizard from the Rockford site with mdf see how it sounds then fiberglass it? then hope it sounds the same?

also thank you for responding politely........also i have a lexus i know it is made by toyota and in japan they are aristo's so is there a difference between them other than the name?

i want sound quality but also a bit loud........... what does it take to be in a magazine? also i don't want to open a mediocre shop i want top of the line employees equipment ect... so you say start with the specs from the box wizard from the Rockford site with mdf see how it sounds then fiberglass it? then hope it sounds the same?

A fiberglass box and MDF won't sound exactly the same, there is some difference.. but hardly noticeable.

Sure you can try the RF site and see if you like the suggested box specs.. If you don't tweak it a bit and try again.

Tune for what kind of music you are trying to play, if you are just getting this substage for personal use, driving music with some depth tune according to your genre of choice, if you are trying to get show quality window flexes.. you will have to tune according.

With your aspirations and goals, I'd recommend start doing some reading on various topic along with some practical work. To answer your first post try mdf first, I can guarantee you will be making a few boxes to find out what really you like and using mdf is the easy way.

In future, try to give as much info as possible when asking for help, if you dont know just ask and be patient some one will help, good luck on your venture.

To answer your first post try mdf first, I can guarantee you will be making a few boxes to find out what really you like and using mdf is the easy way.
In future, try to give as much info as possible when asking for help

Thanks for restating what I already said, helps a lot.

Stay pimpin' in that.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fro.gif.c695f1f814b01c4ad99fe7f8cccadd29.gif

PM me with any questions you may have, if I don't have a answer I can direct you to someone who will.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/graduate.gif.d982460be9f153bb54e5d4cb744f6ae8.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.