In house bench test

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jackfitz5

I am bench testing my setup in my room. My setup is a pioneer head unit wired to two Sony xplod in door speakers. (just left front positive and negative) and same with the right. Then I have the red and yellow wire for the head unit twisted together and go to the positive post of the car battery. Same with the negative. That is all that is wired to my head unit. Then I have two rca cables in the back of the head unit that run to the amp. The amp has positive and negative leads to the same car battery. The turn on wire is wired to the positive so the amp turns on.it is a pioneer amp and the power light turns blue and stays blue. So I would imagine it is not in protect mode. I have this wired to one 4 ohm svc sub. I have the head unit on a setting that allows for rear, sub which is wired speakers and a subwoofer through the rcas. However, when I play a song, the majority of the bass goes through the door speakers. The subs get just enough for me to tell that they are getting anything sent to them. Any advice?

which pioneer amp? if it has more than 1 set rca input try next set.. what is lp xover set to 40hz?, set it to 100hz? all that assumes battery strong enough to power amp..

which pioneer amp? if it has more than 1 set rca input try next set.. what is lp xover set to 40hz?, set it to 100hz? all that assumes battery strong enough to power amp..
It is a pioneer gm-d9605. It has the rca for the sub channel pretty clearly listed. But I will try. I might try taking another battery and have one power my head unit and the other power the amp.

how are you judging the amount of bass going to each speaker? by the cone movement? do you have any of the speakers in enclosures? if your using the rca outs to signal a sub you should be running a high pass filter on the coaxes.

how are you judging the amount of bass going to each speaker? by the cone movement? do you have any of the speakers in enclosures? if your using the rca outs to signal a sub you should be running a high pass filter on the coaxes.
It's just evident with the sound, movement, etc. The speakers are not in enclosures but the subs are. What is a high pass filter? I'm very new to this.

an automotive batteries resting voltage is 12 volts so yeah
I figured that but thought it would still be enough to power the amp. It's only 350 w at 4 ohms for the sub channel. It is 2000 w max though. So I will try hooking the head unit up to this battery and the amp to another battery with a full charge and let yall know how that turns out

a high pass filter will cut the bass frequencies from going to your door speakers to stop them from distorting and let the sub handle those frequencies. your head unit should have one.

a high pass filter will cut the bass frequencies from going to your door speakers to stop them from distorting and let the sub handle those frequencies. your head unit should have one.
my head unit is a pioneer deh-150mp. Is a high pass filter like an attachment or just a setting on the headunit?

What should the hpf setting be? I feel like this is definitely the issue I just can't find the right setting for hpf and subwoofer control. Even when I messed with those settings and put it high up to 200hz I still just have a light hum coming from my sub although it did seem that some bass may have been reduced from the door speakers, it still was more bass coming from the door speakers than my sub.

What should the hpf setting be? I feel like this is definitely the issue I just can't find the right setting for hpf and subwoofer control. Even when I messed with those settings and put it high up to 200hz I still just have a light hum coming from my sub although it did seem that some bass may have been reduced from the door speakers, it still was more bass coming from the door speakers than my sub.
staan posted link to pioneer site.. looks like sub won't work when u have rear/rear selected on hu or something like that, change hu setting

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.