Help with amp and power plz

Participant count
  • Participant list

maxtiger37

CarAudio.com Newbie
I bought a 3400-watt boss amp hooked and it up ground is good power is good remote wire The boss logo light only lights up halfway and it flickers when I play the normal stereo with the car on. what's wrong? I have sent the amp back and it was replaced. does the battery not have enough power to feed to the amp? Thanks. The car is a chevy cobalt 2009. 

||-//

first suspect is the ground connection.  you need the ground wire securely bolted to the frame or chassis.  that location should be bare metal with a proper ring terminal on the wire.
I have it grounded where the battery is grounded should that be sufficient? Thanks. 

So I regrounded the ground wire to the frame but that wasn't the problem. I found out the remote wire to the amp needs at least 9 volts for the amp to work. So I tapped into the fuse box. Thanks for your time @keep_hope_alive

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.