Status
Not open for further replies.

bossman032
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
killa cali
my.php

well whats wrong is the port length.

I have the wood cut in the length, width, height on that picture.

I have the wood in 1" MDF for the XXX.

But not sure on the port 17x11 won't work. its two high.

Someone please advise.

So basically I have a box with no port Length measurements and port width.

I have the wood cut already so I need to get this figured out..

thanks for any help.

First off, having the sub be placed right there, is really a bad idea. Done some test for a friends install, and laid the sub right next to the port opening and wow, it does not sound well. Having the sub placed right there, is not using up the actual volume of the enclosure. I highly advise placing the woofer above the port.

$0.02 cents.

you already did this ****, dude...

port 1 goes under the front baffle. Port two goes beside (not under) port 1

to save you from using your brain:

agagasdgag.jpg

hey guys,

well I have the 1" MDF cut in the pieces below.

1 Top, 1 Bottom: 19x34

1 Front, 1 Back: 14x32

2 Sides: 14x19

well the problem is the port length is screwed up. Since I have the wood cut already I need to find a give port range of 36Hz. Can you give me any suggestions. On the port lenght and port width this is with 1" MDF. I am looking at about 36hz in tunning.

so basicly this box is done just need to get the port width and length //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif.

First off, having the sub be placed right there, is really a bad idea. Done some test for a friends install, and laid the sub right next to the port opening and wow, it does not sound well. Having the sub placed right there, is not using up the actual volume of the enclosure. I highly advise placing the woofer above the port.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif

Not sure what you've been listening to, the actual port location doesn't make a hill of beans difference.

As long as there is sufficient airspace all around the driver, and it looks like there is, it will function the same regardless of sub placement. And we have fluid dynamics to thank for that. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

(theres a pretty good chance I read your post wrong, because I can't understand what you mean by "above the port". )

$0.02 cents.
yes thanks I am aware of that. thats why I need to get a better porth length.

He cant move the sub. His box is already almost to small for the sub and he was *****in because they edited the plans so the woofer wouldnt hit the port wall. The guy is a n00bx at building boxes

after reading some past posts, i can tell now. he gotta start somewhere though, right?

Noone will give you the exact port info. You pay for plans for a reason. Stuff isnt that easy to find out and there are sites that will calculate it.

well the box is nearly done. all I need is the port width and lenght.

I actually paid for the plan but thats another story.

someone please give me the info. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/blackeye.gif.66a1670f5aaf7f406e783a63e3387dc5.gif

so I am guessing its going to be

14x11 first port wall

14x17 second one

instead of 17x11

and 17x17

like the plans say??

no... it's 17x11 and 17x17 - like the plans say

17 is the internal width of the box, and 14 is the internal height of the box. you put the 17x11 like I posted, and the 17x17 like I posted

it's like legos... you have the basic plans, now put it together until you get a 3" port

the bottom picture in the post is the TOP of the box, one of the 34x19 pieces. the port and sub go on teh same side, firing up

no... it's 17x11 and 17x17 - like the plans say
17 is the internal width of the box, and 14 is the internal height of the box. you put the 17x11 like I posted, and the 17x17 like I posted

it's like legos... you have the basic plans, now put it together until you get a 3" port

the bottom picture in the post is the TOP of the box, one of the 34x19 pieces. the port and sub go on teh same side, firing up

internal height is 14 how will a 17 fit??

Are you that ****ing stupid?

agagasdgag2.jpg

I made it even easier for you. If you still cant figure it out, give me your address so I can kick your ass.

the port comes out the top of the box, not the front.

internal height is 14 how will a 17 fit??
because 17 is the WIDTH of the box, not the height

steps to solving this problem

1) hold port piece 1 in hand

2) position box like you think it goes together

3) rotate port piece one 90 degrees clockwise

4) insert

sweet I think I got it.

lol //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...