HElp with 81 nissan maxima

what kind of funny do your speaker sound?

These speakers might not be getting enough power to them because of the factory headunits not being powerful.

the installation of the speakers could be incorrect

YEah I'm going to try to rewire. They are not pounding not even a little bit. THey have good SPL but I want SP. IN other words they don't give bass. I need to know how to take out the special made factory tape deck.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

without knowing -a) what type of car it is and -b) what type of headunit it is (1 din/2 din/1+1/2 din) it is pretty hard for me to help. I suggest replaciing the headunit with a new one and seeing how it sounds then. You may want to add some strong mdf (medium density fiberboard) to your parcelshelf as to give the speakers something heavy to be mounted to. If the bass is still crap, add an amplifier to run more power through them. Hope you can use my advice and all the best.

Have you checked to make sure they are in phase? Balance it left to right, if it has more bass when it on one speaker than both then they are out of phase i.e. one of the speakers + and - are switched around.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.