Help with 4th order bandpass

Vehicle: 1998 Ford Explorer XLT

Location in the vehicle: rear

Space available (Length x Width x Height):I'm not to sure but I think it's 70x36x50

Subwoofer make and model:infinity reference series

Subwoofer Size:8's, 10's & 12's

Number of Subwoofers:2 of 8's, 2 10's, 4 12's

Type of Port (Kerfed, Slot, Aero, etc.): slotted port

What type of music do you like?:rap, dubstep and metal

Is your goal SPL or Everyday Music?:everyday music

Volume :loud

Tuning Freq (Hz): 12's are gonna be 32 hz, the 8's and 10's idk yet.

Okay, I mocked up just about everything I need for the 12's enclosure on sketchup, the only thing I am having a problem is my bandpass. I'm gonna have 2 8's and 2 10's in the bandpass, and they have their own chambers. The cubic feet without the camber is a little over 3 cubic feet, so I was wondering if I should make the ported section 3 cubic feet or 6. The 2:1 ratio? And how do I actually tune it? I want it around 52 hz.

Well arent you silly, i could just pinch your cheek.

Seriously tho

WTF?

You dont want mix sizes of subs. All kinds of a bad idea.

Umm I always used the 2:1 ratio ported:sealed but if u try to play 8s 10s and 12s at the same time its gonna sound like junk 4th order or not. Now if you will only play 1 setup at a time like a demo vehicle you will be fine.

but I have a feeling some one convinced you 12s are for lows 10s are for punch and 8s are for sound quality which couldnt be further from the truth. A set of 12s can do everything a set of 8s can and vice versa given all other variables are constant the only difference is the ease of getting loud.

2 12s is considerably more cone area than two 8s allowing the 12s the play just as loud at any frequency as the eight with much less cone movement. Less cone movement mean more coil in the gap and that generally means better sound quality. But not that 12s sound better than 8s thats all install dependent

I've heard the same misconception about using a mix of different sizes because they would play different frequencies better than other. I personally never understood how that would be true because subs play frequencies they are sposed to.

okay i decided to not mix subs, so im gonna give away my infinities and go with sundown sa 12 . how should i do the bandpass for those and how should i tune them? there is gonna be 4 of them.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.