help with 12" sub setup

contevo

texas
My current equipment :

Alpine MRP-M350 - i got this amp for 40 bucks

Quantum Audio QAW12D2 626RMS 12" sub I got this from a friend had it on two 12 box

JVC HU bought at bestbuy on sale $40

and wiring kit.

I did couple of research, people suggested many options and opinion, I follow it but still not working for me.

but I already burn 2 sub, cheap one I got off walmart for testing purpose. I want to do this right

I'm not trying enter audio contest or anything like that. I'm aware I have stock alternator, and I'm limited on power output, my friend has 2 12 alpine with 1000 rms amp, everything stock except HU and his sytem sound sweet. he gave few tips setting up the JVC, lowering bass to -6 and setting sub level etc...

Today I setup this, and he said put my gain all the way up since is a 626rms sub, and the amp only pushing 350rms @ 2ohm, I set my LP filter to little under 100hz( is this correct?) and bass boost EQ on the amp off, so I turn up the vol to 40 system sound nice and sub sound powerful, but still didnt kill my hunger for little more punch, so I crank the volume to 43, and than my sub goes silent, I have to power off amp and turn it on again get it to work again. only does this whenever i go on beyond 40 volume. Also I couldn't find manual for the sub, how to wire it. because on the back of the magnet it has label stay " DVC 2 ohm " and if look up the model number it states Independence 4 ohm... so I follow a diagram wiring 4 ohm for 2 ohm amp .

so what am I doing wrong here? I really can't invest much money at moment probably income tax ill get better amp and alternator but for now I want this. thank you for ya time.

OP you from south texas?

your clipping your subs to death, your not over powering them but your sending them dirty signal, dirty signal is what causes your coils to heat up and burn, turn your gain down

My current equipment :
Alpine MRP-M350 - i got this amp for 40 bucks

Quantum Audio QAW12D2 626RMS 12" sub I got this from a friend had it on two 12 box

JVC HU bought at bestbuy on sale $40

and wiring kit.

I did couple of research, people suggested many options and opinion, I follow it but still not working for me.

but I already burn 2 sub, cheap one I got off walmart for testing purpose. I want to do this right

I'm not trying enter audio contest or anything like that. I'm aware I have stock alternator, and I'm limited on power output, my friend has 2 12 alpine with 1000 rms amp, everything stock except HU and his sytem sound sweet. he gave few tips setting up the JVC, lowering bass to -6 and setting sub level etc...

Today I setup this, and he said put my gain all the way up since is a 626rms sub, and the amp only pushing 350rms @ 2ohm, I set my LP filter to little under 100hz( is this correct?) and bass boost EQ on the amp off, so I turn up the vol to 40 system sound nice and sub sound powerful, but still didnt kill my hunger for little more punch, so I crank the volume to 43, and than my sub goes silent, I have to power off amp and turn it on again get it to work again. only does this whenever i go on beyond 40 volume. Also I couldn't find manual for the sub, how to wire it. because on the back of the magnet it has label stay " DVC 2 ohm " and if look up the model number it states Independence 4 ohm... so I follow a diagram wiring 4 ohm for 2 ohm amp .

so what am I doing wrong here? I really can't invest much money at moment probably income tax ill get better amp and alternator but for now I want this. thank you for ya time.
you should never listen to anything that fool says again... just because his system sounds "nice to you" doesn't mean he knows wtf he's talking about. Turning gains all the way up... what a dipsh*t.

Read up on clipping and what it can do do ALL your stereo related equipment. What you have now is an amp too small with a strong desire for bass, that amps not putting out enough power and your forcing it to try and make power it couldnt possibly dream of making hence its clipping the hell out of the audio signal, forcing the amp into protect mode hence the silence.

I'm guessing you probably bought a cheap pre-made sub woofer enclosure made in china. If you want to get louder you have to get a sub woofer box made by someone who knows how to make boxes that gets loud with the power you want to throw at it and tuning it so that it works well with your car's acoustics. The sound and loudness of a bass system is extremely dependent on the sub woofer's enclosure.

Please for your sake browse through the help 101 section of this website thoroughly namely this thread http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-reference-database/532425-new-car-audio-read-first.html spend 15 dollars and get yourself a digital multi-meter at least.

Running under 2000 rms, you really dont need a high output alternator. If your planning on staying in the 1.2k-1.5k rms ballpark, the most you'll need to do is the big 3 upgrade and a good AGM battery under the hood. but most likely the big 3 will suffice.

thank you for the replies. I went to lowes got me decent DMM and I couldn't find proper wiring for that brand of sub. So Instead I use 4 ohm load and set the gain at 28.28v gives me 200rms, and the amp have been stable since, no cutting off the sub usually had to power off HU and on again restart the amp... the amp is stable at 350rms @ 2ohm b and volts for that 26.46, here where my problem I try wiring sub to parallel to get 2ohm load and set again to 26.46 no bass boost, and lp filter set at 55hz whenever hit high bass some of the song amp turn off the bass I have to restart it. On HU I have the bass set -6, middle to 00 and treble 00, and sub level 8. on both load 4ohm and 2 ohm. I'm not trying push this amp just trying get what amp offer 350rms @ 2ohm, because sound much better with this sub. I heard alpine amp not really true to there specification when comes to there rms, is this true?

thank you for the replies. I went to lowes got me decent DMM and I couldn't find proper wiring for that brand of sub. So Instead I use 4 ohm load and set the gain at 28.28v gives me 200rms, and the amp have been stable since, no cutting off the sub usually had to power off HU and on again restart the amp... the amp is stable at 350rms @ 2ohm b and volts for that 26.46, here where my problem I try wiring sub to parallel to get 2ohm load and set again to 26.46 no bass boost, and lp filter set at 55hz whenever hit high bass some of the song amp turn off the bass I have to restart it. On HU I have the bass set -6, middle to 00 and treble 00, and sub level 8. on both load 4ohm and 2 ohm. I'm not trying push this amp just trying get what amp offer 350rms @ 2ohm, because sound much better with this sub. I heard alpine amp not really true to there specification when comes to there rms, is this true?
no not true alpine has some good amps and do rated.....

its a sh1tty sub though, I'd try to find a good low power sub for cheap like a obsidian, sundown sa series, american bass XD don't know about the 12 but the 8's impressed the hell outta me, some of the cleanest punchiest subs i've dealt with to date...

where in texas you at? if your in south i got a dd1

you need to know the limitation of your equipment, i know you want more bass but if your equipment cannot give you what you want pushing it will not do you any good and you might end up with no bass until you get your income tax. Just play this setup and dont max it out and when you get your income tax and can get better equipment then you will get the bass you want and you most likely will want more after that lol

If you are wired at 4 ohms, you have a dual 2 ohm sub wired in series to get 4 ohms. you can't possibly wire it to get 2 ohms. You can only do series wiring to get 4 ohms, or parallel wired will give you 1ohm. You wired your subs at 1 ohm it sounds like, causing the amp to protect. You need a dual 4 ohm sub for your amp, or a 1ohm stable amp for your sub.

thank you for the replies... well i wire directly to sub no series or parallel. I set the gain correctly with DMM and Im actually happy how sound now I get the bass i want no dimming light either, the amp seem happier. is loud enough I get complain lol... I probably get stronger amp and do 3 big on my civic 2001.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.