Been a away a while, need some help.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Spud2388
10+ year member

"The Spud-n-ator"
Ok, so its been years since I've been on here (finished my last install in April of 2008) and really don't know how subs have changed over the years. I am assuming things are improving, but also have noticed a few new companies that I have never heard of before. My previous install of 2 type R's (second version I believe) came out pretty well, but just took up too much of my cargo area and eventually had to go. I dumped them about 4 years ago and haven't had any substage since. I am currently am looking at doing a low-budget install with a single 10", with sq being my main concern. If it gets loud, cool, but not a must by any means. My ED nine.1 miraculously started working again (was going straight into protect), so I'll be using that. My budget is less than $100 for the sub... Building my box from leftover MDF from old installs and using leftover carpet. My plan is to use the area behind my spare and not lose anymore cargo area.

Previous set-up:

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/car-audio-build-logs-cars-trucks-suvs/305377-1999-jeep-grand-cherokee-build.html

The current set-up:

bxor.jpg

The future box:

rg4l.png

poxt.png

How it fits with relation to the spare tire

16cl.png

tibc.png

With this box, I can get a max volume of .77 cuft and if I just make a straight, octagonal cylinder, it can get down to .5 cuft. (both before deiplacement). So what subs would yall recommend? Just browsing on sonicelectronics, I've seen:

Clarion WG2520D-43.99

Infinity Reference 1026W

Orion CO104S- 55.99

RE SRX10D4-84.99

Alpine SWS 10D4- 85.99

Image Dynamics CTX104 - 98.99

RE SR PRO 10D4 -99.95

MB Quart RWM254- 99.99

Now these are picked out only from companies that used to be known for sq subs, except RE, which everybody was getting hot and bothered over then...

So, just looking for yalls opinions.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.