help wiring my components?

Participant count
  • Participant list

andycc529
10+ year member

I just bought precision power 356 cs components for my front and and an alpine amp for them.

Can anybody offer me wiring help? I've wired regular speakers, but have not wired components or amped speakers. I'm guessing I am going to need a bunch of 12 gauge wire for starters?

You are going to laugh, but the components are the easiest to connect. There should be a slot that says input on your crossover. Take the wire from the amplifier and put it there. The other 2 slots should say tweeter and mid. Wire your tweeters into the slot that says tweeter, and wire your mid-bass into the slot that says midbass.

Very simple.

Depends, you can replace existing tweeters (if you have them), cut holes for them,.,.or some cars have adapters to make them fit somewhere. Google some options.

where do you usually put the crossover?

Also, I'm assuming the amp goes in the trunk, so you would then have to run wire from the deck to the amp in the trunk, and then from the amp to the cross over?

where do you usually put the crossover?
Also, I'm assuming the amp goes in the trunk, so you would then have to run wire from the deck to the amp in the trunk, and then from the amp to the cross over?
Correct. 14-16g speaker wire will be more than enough. You don't need 12g.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.