Help wiring an AMP

Originally posted by rco8786 An amp kit does not provide any power.
i don't know man, we sure do sell a lot of amp wiring kits that come with power and ground wires //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

yea well it turned out good. got all the wiring done and the amp works jus fine. Now i have another problem...which may seem strange. i have 2 new 12" RF Z's(4ohm each) in a bandpass box. i powerin w/ a lanzar vibe 220 amp which claims to put out ( 2x100 @ 4ohms) and (2x175 @ 2ohms). there are 4 speaker taps on the amp ( a + and - for left channel and same for the right channel). When i connected both subs to the left and right channel, im assuming the amp sees a 4ohm impedence, the output sounds a little weird kinda distorted and not totally in sync. it doesn't sound bad but jus not really clean.

im thinkin it might be the box. the plexiglass portion is facing u (if you place it infront of u) as 2 ports rest along the left and right sides. The woofers are not pointed directly straight at u, but more of an angle toward u and toward each other. kinda hard to explain but im tryin my best. the odd thing is that when i only use one channel (not bridged either) to hook up to jus one of the woofers (doesn't matter which one) they sound alot better. Louder and crisper. So my q is why when i hook up both they dont sound good?! plus i need some detailed help on parallel wiring.. cuz i tried hookin both + and - spades from both woofers onto jus one channel so i left one channel empty and it didn't sound louder. THANKS ALOT.

make sure you have your positive and negative on both your subs hooked to the positive and negative on both your amps. also make sure that both channels are getting hte same signal. you can do this by running an rca y adapter so this way your right channel gets the same signal as your left channel.

but yeah if your polarity is messed up then the subs will sound bad. bandpass works nice for low power. those aren't hte highest quality subs either man. so don't expect them to sound perfect or anything but..... good luck i liked my band pass when i had it. like my ported box much better but...... meh

later bro

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.