Help wiring an AMP

drpain714
10+ year member

hey all,

ive learned quite a bit so far as i have already installed my kenwood kdc-319 deck and both front and rear speakers. Now i need some help with the wiring of my amp. Its a Lanzar v220 puttin out 2x100 RMS@4ohms, 1x300 bridged, and 2x175 RMS@2ohms. Im attempting to parallel wire them to 2 12" RF z's (150RMS each). now to my problem...i do not kno where the firewall in my 95' Camry V6 is located. any help would be greatly appreaciated. Thanks!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif also if something doesn't sound right, let me kno cuz im expecting this setup to be ok.

jmmm my friend has the same car just 4 cylender instead of v-6 make sure if u get a amp kit its a least 400 watts if u get a 200 watt u wount have enough power (this happened to me) now what do u mean by fire wall like remote cable? if its that's what it is what we did in my car was just splice it and connect the amp one its usally a teal color my firend who has a cammery also parraled hit wire to a switch so he can trun his amp of and on while driving...... if u mean ground jusr find a mettal screw in your trunk... power u just connect to positive battery part........... rca shoud be in the bcak of your cd player

Originally posted by drpain714 hey all,

ive learned quite a bit so far as i have already installed my kenwood kdc-319 deck and both front and rear speakers. Now i need some help with the wiring of my amp. Its a Lanzar v220 puttin out 2x100 RMS@4ohms, 1x300 bridged, and 2x175 RMS@2ohms. Im attempting to parallel wire them to 2 12" RF z's (150RMS each). now to my problem...i do not kno where the firewall in my 95' Camry V6 is located. any help would be greatly appreaciated. Thanks!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif also if something doesn't sound right, let me kno cuz im expecting this setup to be ok.
Are you looking for a place to run your power wire? From the battery to your amp?

- Steve

yea i kno how all the wires connect, its jus i aint to sure of where the hole is so i can slip the wires through my car to underneath my hood (location of my batt). It is called the firewall isn't it?

oooooooo lol did u try the sie pati of your door my friend took off the floor pannel and wired it under that and thenfollowed the door outline and tere was a hole to the engine

Originally posted by Geminidj2000 thers usally a hole were you door connects at the top that leads to you engine
Also usually the wires are covered in a plastic tube(wire loom). Easy to find - power windows/doors/mirrors.

- Steve

open your hood and walk to either the drivers side, or the passenger side. now...there should be a large black wiring harness the passes through the metal wall seperating the engine from the car. THIS is your firewall. now...just press a hole into the diaphragm that seals the wiring harness to the firewall, and pass the power wire trought the hole. this will put the power wire behind the dash. keep pushing it through until you or your friend can grab it an pull it through.

i don't know why they are telling you to go into the door, that is a wasted step, and a stupid one at that. just pull the wire through the gromet, then run it under the door sills and to the amp.

Jacob

Originally posted by Cobb2819 i don't know why they are telling you to go into the door, that is a wasted step, and a stupid one at that.

Sometimes there is a hole leading into the engine bay near the top of the door;)

- Steve

Originally posted by Geminidj2000 jmmm my friend has the same car just 4 cylender instead of v-6 make sure if u get a amp kit its a least 400 watts if u get a 200 watt u wount have enough power (this happened to me) now what do u mean by fire wall like remote cable? if its that's what it is what we did in my car was just splice it and connect the amp one its usally a teal color my firend who has a cammery also parraled hit wire to a switch so he can trun his amp of and on while driving...... if u mean ground jusr find a mettal screw in your trunk... power u just connect to positive battery part........... rca shoud be in the bcak of your cd player
An amp kit does not provide any power. fire walls are not remote wires. the fire wall is the big wall in between you and your engine that is fireproof. thus, "firewall"

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.