Help Tuning Eclipse 8445

schism13
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
LA
Alright i just got my eclipse 8445 and installed and i love it, but i need help with all the settings..should i run it in normal or advanced mode? What should the SVC/Volume be at? The highest volume i should play it at? What are all these settings? Yes im reading the manual/ and have but i still am confused..help is appreciated.. thanksss

edit- Everything in my car is stock, except for my 15" XXX, on a Mark Antony 2500d..

(from not tuning it and just playing it, im not getting enough volume nor enough bass)

well since you have stock speakers just run the deck off of normal mode. you have no reason to work it off advanced mode.

I dunno about the SVC, i have mine at 1 right now.

As for volume i think thats i up to you. I'd look into upgrading the speakers as well //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif .

I dont know if its me, my car or my speakers but my 8445 just installed last week (had stock hu earlier in a 04 accord) hurt my ears badly... I cant fine tune it... Time alignment does not sound very good and the SRS sound like crap too and hurts my ears even more.

Any advice

I dont know if its me, my car or my speakers but my 8445 just installed last week (had stock hu earlier in a 04 accord) hurt my ears badly... I cant fine tune it... Time alignment does not sound very good and the SRS sound like crap too and hurts my ears even more.
Any advice
sounds like you are not too fond of your new speakers...

well yes I am, I actually had harsher tweets in my focals that I replaced... but I want some softer tweets that I can turn up louder and wont blow my head off. Sent you IM

I currently have a 8445. Not sure why you'd have trouble tuning. There aren't many adjustments it can make (for a high-end HU).

One thing's for sure -- the Eclipse owner's manuals are quite easily the most well-done manuals for any electronic component I have ever seen. You should take a flip through the few pages of tuning and see if that helps.

Generally, you just plug in your vehicle type and it "decides" for you (alignment).

X-over slopes and ranges are a little different. It selects a good one by default, but if you decide to adjust it, you're in luck 'cuz the low pass and high-pass are adjusted together (blech! for tweakers but yay for someone who doesn't want to fiddle too much).

As for SRS and ANY other digitally-enhanced sound garbage it's capable of mutilating your music with, I found that, all are horribly unnatural sounding and exaggerated. Leave them off.

After about an hour of initial tuning (20 minutes if you're familiar with the unit), you should, no joke, have one of the nicest sounding decks on the market there.

alright im going to go adjust with the settings some more..the only problem ive came across is (which isnt a big deal at all to me) when i change the colors of the display..only the solid ones will work..like green,red..but blue/red, etc wont work..only 1 solid color shows..but it worked before..

alright im going to go adjust with the settings some more..the only problem ive came across is (which isnt a big deal at all to me) when i change the colors of the display..only the solid ones will work..like green,red..but blue/red, etc wont work..only 1 solid color shows..but it worked before..
so only the rotary knobs show color? the numbers dont show up?

no no, all that works fine just for the display colors like where u can customize it..like choose the color scheme such as green, blue, red all solid colors or blue/amber, or red/blue, etc... only the solid colors show up like green,blue,red.. it wont mix the lighting anymore..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.