what headunit with these speakers?

thadman
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Indiana
http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-ECLIPSE-SW9152-15-TITANIUM-SUB-MONSTER-349_W0QQitemZ5819774207QQcategoryZ18804QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Does eclipse have different drivers for the titanium line, like a MKI, MKII, MKIII for instance. Is that an older driver or do they carry the same driver?

Is that a good deal? What would be the best amp for an Eclipse Titanium 15"?

I am purchasing an Adire Koda 6.1 component set, what amp would be best for them? (they are 100 watts RMS)

Would this be a balanced system or would the bass overpower the components? I listen to Coldplay, Blocparty and some alternative rock and hard/metal rock would this be a good setup?

This is going in a 2001 Jetta GLS and im going for a SQ setup it will not be in any competitions.

What would be a good headunit to complement these?

nah man, that setup would sound GREAT in my opinion, not sure on comp amps, if you wanna go all out get a good class a/b mono amp for the sub, if class d is ok with you, phoenix gold has nice amplifiers, so does orion/viper, and i dunno who will agree with me but i personally also like cadence and directed audio amplifiers, also a good headunit, i like the kenwood excelon ones, i just ordered myself a excelon kdc-x789, i hear the sq on those are great, or you could always go with an alpine or eclipse hu too, they are all nice, but if you're all about the sq go with the higher end models for more fine tuning options

how much are class A opposed to class D, I know A has a lot less distortion but how much more $$$ are they? and would they be worth the extra $$$, would I be able to tell the difference?

how much are class A opposed to class D, I know A has a lot less distortion but how much more $$$ are they? and would they be worth the extra $$$, would I be able to tell the difference?

Don't worry about amplifier class for anything other than efficiency. Chances are very slim that you'd ever actually hear a sonic difference between two quality amplifiers. Beyond that, your car's electrical system could never support a class A amplifier big enough to power subwoofers. Class A amplifiers have a maximum efficiency of 25%, and even "small" pure class A amps (25w per channel) are mondo-expensive....like, thousands of dollars expensive.

Stick with Class D for subwoofers.

PS: I'm about half an hour north of Ft. Wayne //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

PSS: And stop asking so many god damned questions in each post. Makes your threads very confusing on who's answer what question, and which question the thread was really intended to answer.

Don't worry about amplifier class for anything other than efficiency. Chances are very slim that you'd ever actually hear a sonic difference between two quality amplifiers.
OMG I am nevaR going to let You forget taht You said this...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.