Help Tuning a New Headunit and 2 Amps

Participant count
  • Participant list

B1GR3DDD

Delaware
After dealing with some very annoying ground loop problems for many months, I have finally got my system to exactly where I wanted. I can finally turn my volume down to 0 and hear absolutely nothing, no annoying engine whine noise anymore!

In the process of fixing things, I had to get a new head unit. With the new one, I now have 4 volt pre-outs. I'm not positive about this but I do believe that plays a role into the output levels if the amps were previously set to receive a 2 volt signal. The loudest I am comfortable turning my head unit up to is 15, as before I would go up to 35. Along with this, the EQ is completely different. Songs with heavy bass that would turn my rear view mirror down now barely even hit.

So my question is what steps should I take to tune my system to where the levels are set properly and to where I enjoy the playback frequencies? Note I have a 4 channel and a bass amp.

I'm also curious about how I should find the maximum volume to turn my deck up to? Should I simply turn the gain all the way down on my 4 channel and then listen for the distortion with it being low?

I'm starting back at square 1 with this so any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks Guys!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.