Help please with powered sub for my 2020 Explorer.

Participant count
  • Participant list

edweather

CarAudio.com Newbie
Just got a powered sub for my 2020 Ford Explorer XLT. Have installed maps and stuff in the past, but nothing recently. Some how I need to get the power thru the firewall, and need to pick up the on/off wire, and speaker wires somewhere. Feeling a bit out of my comfort zone, and any help is much appreciated. Not familiar at all with these new led radios. Thanks, Ed

Sounds like you have taken on a task beyond your expertise. I suggest you take it to a Local Car Audio Shop and have it installed before you damage things

Are you comfortable drilling through the firewall if no options are available? On the powered sub, does it have high level input and signal sense turn on. If not, you will need an active Line Output Converter for an easier/better connection.
Have no problem drilling through the firewall. The sub is a Rockford Fosgate P300-10. It has an input for power, ground, and the turn-on wire.

Have no problem drilling through the firewall. The sub is a Rockford Fosgate P300-10. It has an input for power, ground, and the turn-on wire.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211227-210354_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    Screenshot_20211227-210354_DuckDuckGo.jpg
    273.7 KB · Views: 80
The sub has all you need. Connect the Positive and Negative (no remote). Tap into the nearest L&R full range speakers and into the High Level Input. Set the Auto Turn On to DC Offset. If it turns off and on on low volume, set it to Audio. Set the Gain by raising radio volume to 75%. Now raise Gain to where you feel sub is powerful but safe.

The sub has all you need. Connect the Positive and Negative (no remote). Tap into the nearest L&R full range speakers and into the High Level Input. Set the Auto Turn On to DC Offset. If it turns off and on on low volume, set it to Audio. Set the Gain by raising radio volume to 75%. Now raise Gain to where you feel sub is powerful but safe.
Thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...