Help to ID this DD motor

ScrapintheCoast001.jpg

Again saying they didn't have the right coils and claiming they were lying is complete BS. I've talked with Jack extensively about my motors that match and it's not the case at all. They love these motors because they were the first Z's they built and it's nostalgic to them. The fact is that one of the neo pieces was put together in a manner that the regular coil couldn't fit. It's probably a small tolerance issue because the gap is so small. Everyone messes up but I haven't figured out why you can't own up to it and you blame everything on DD.

And if they don't handle rated power.... nevermind, I won't even touch that one lol. Ignore my whole build.

the proof is in the pudding, in which no one has but dd's word and mine. the coil they would have used would have been **** near the same OD as the stock. do keep in mind the email jack sent said they used a short ww coil, not a thinner one. until that pile gets fried and reconed, the argument over whos right is moot.

and this is all coming from people that know minimal about motors and there topology's. everyone love FI yet I was told repeatedly that breaking my n3's would make them worthless as I didn't have the jigs and tools to build them. didn't use a jig at all, I used my hands. built 2 of them and 2 n2's from scratch. not to mentions the 2 mmags I just did, the ct exo, the vega stroker, tantric hd, and all the other repairs . its my first day over here

I didn't overlook anything. when the motor was finished a simple look over the gap, which I did,would have shown an issue, in which there wasn't one. plain and simple.
in the thread it says the glue was so degraded AKA old as **** junk, that It was only held together by the faux plate. the faux plate is the aluminum top that holds 80% of the motor together and only allows one position to be attached. the pillars were pulling from the back plate since they weren't all the same height. no you cant just machine neo and the neo used was a proprietary non standard dimension (again, its in the thread) that couldn't be replaced
Ok

adullbrick, do you ever shut up?
Do you ever have something legitimate to say?

Again saying they didn't have the right coils and claiming they were lying is complete BS. I've talked with Jack extensively about my motors that match and it's not the case at all. They love these motors because they were the first Z's they built and it's nostalgic to them. The fact is that one of the neo pieces was put together in a manner that the regular coil couldn't fit. It's probably a small tolerance issue because the gap is so small. Everyone messes up but I haven't figured out why you can't own up to it and you blame everything on DD.
And if they don't handle rated power.... nevermind, I won't even touch that one lol. Ignore my whole build.
I agree. I don't believe DD was lying.

and this is all coming from people that know minimal about motors and there topology's. everyone love FI yet I was told repeatedly that breaking my n3's would make them worthless as I didn't have the jigs and tools to build them. didn't use a jig at all, I used my hands. built 2 of them and 2 n2's from scratch. not to mentions the 2 mmags I just did, the ct exo, the vega stroker, tantric hd, and all the other repairs . its my first day over here
The Z is completely different. It has an aluminum top plate instead of steel and a different magnet configuration. The gap is also way tighter than the other subs you mentioned. It's not just slapping some neo and steel pillars where a ferrite slug was

god your incredible. you seriously just explain to me what a radial neo is? do you know how hard it is to design a redial neo that uses pillars? its not. try designing a low reluctance return motor then get back to me. although your being a bit reluctant to listen Ill explain the z motor to you.

the pillars are steel, the neo is just that. the back plate and pole are steel. the top plate is not a top plate. I called it a faux top plate about 10 times but apparently you don't know what FAUX means. it means fake. hence why its aluminum and not steel since aluminum has no magnetic properties.

the z has pillars that are bolted to the faux plate. they will not fit over the aluminum sleeve in the motor unless there dead on perfect. if you read my build log for 2 seconds, you would see the aluminum sleeve was never removed from the stock location. so that guarantee the pillars never went to the wrong place.

secondly, the aluminum sleeve that the pillars surround have precision notches in the top that lock the neo into place. theres about a 32nd tolerance so they cant be misaligned at all. and since, like I just told you, the aluminum never moved, they went in the SAME spot as before.

now onto the neo that's like a unicorn here. neo is a magnet, ya. that means it likes to go to metal. if the neo isn't glued in place, where is it going to stick too? the pillar or the pole obviously. since that's the case, the neo was clamped into place against the pillar. so, where the **** was the error in this again?

That I don't know. Your magnets were indented though, so I guess you didn't mess that up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I was just messing with you about that.

Point is:

1. I don't believe DD was lying about not being able to fit the larger coil.

2. I don't think you half-assed the rebuild.

3. I just don't think the gap was exactly the same as it was.

We won't be getting any further than that, no matter how many times we go back and forth.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.