Help to ID this DD motor

over time, no. there permanent magnets. the only way to demag them is heat or a stronger magnet force the flux to negate its original charge. its not an over time thing though

over time, no. there permanent magnets. the only way to demag them is heat or a stronger magnet force the flux to negate its original charge. its not an over time thing though
Ok gotcha. Thanks

the colors were chosen because it was my motor. I painted it the way I wanted it. I also built it the way I wanted it. the only puking information is that the motor has a misaligned slug. the first owner after me didn't say **** about a messed up slug and since the gap is a whopping 3/16 or so wide, you would notice immediately. the fact that everyone assumes a company must be telling the truth is stupid. im not some joe shmoe using hot glue and hammers to build random jiggys in my back yard. been doing this for a while now. until someone tears the motor apart, the rumor is just that. a rumor
also note to all the people who have talked to someone or anyone that magically knows this motor. no one was standing there when I built it and no one seen the gap with there own two eyes except the first owner before it went to dd and he said nothing. I could tell 50 people I drive a Porsche, doesn't make it true
I said I didn't like the color. Why are you so defensive about that?

He didn't have to send it in to DD. Could have ordered a top assembly for that motor and simply bolted it on, since he got the new generation basket....

I'd say DD is a pretty reputable company.

Didn't you say the neo was bad?

I said I didn't like the color. Why are you so defensive about that?
He didn't have to send it in to DD. Could have ordered a top assembly for that motor and simply bolted it on, since he got the new generation basket....

I'd say DD is a pretty reputable company.

Didn't you say the neo was bad?
no I didn't say he neo was bad. your lacking when it comes to "such as"

and you said you didn't like the colors and I told you why it didn't matter.

also, I don't think he had the knowledge to do his own top assembly. your welcome to assume the motor was "broken". you didn't see the motor in person. I did.

no I didn't say he neo was bad. your lacking when it comes to "such as"
and you said you didn't like the colors and I told you why it didn't matter.

also, I don't think he had the knowledge to do his own top assembly. your welcome to assume the motor was "broken". you didn't see the motor in person. I did.
I didn't say it was broken. I bet it could still be re-built again.

The new baskets can be unbolted like Ti baskets iirc. Pretty sure he could have ordered a top assembly from DD and bolted it on himself

well its foolish.

a- I traded 1200 worth of subs for it, why would I go and assemble it half assed.

b- I planned to use it for my own build, why build it half assed

c- I put it up for sale, why would I risk my rep by building it half assed?

****, you trusted tantric didn't you?

do you know for a fact they didn't have a coil in stock that had the correct ww? OD? ID? FH? maybe they didn't.

maybe they didn't want to rebuild it to spec because they knew it couldn't handle the "claimed" rms

maybe they were upset someone besides them can build there **** without any jig or tools by hand

you don't know. the only person that knows anything is the dude that sent the email claiming the issue and the guy that put the thing together

well its foolish.
a- I traded 1200 worth of subs for it, why would I go and assemble it half assed.

b- I planned to use it for my own build, why build it half assed

c- I put it up for sale, why would I risk my rep by building it half assed?

****, you trusted tantric didn't you?

do you know for a fact they didn't have a coil in stock that had the correct ww? OD? ID? FH? maybe they didn't.

maybe they didn't want to rebuild it to spec because they knew it couldn't handle the "claimed" rms

maybe they were upset someone besides them can build there **** without any jig or tools by hand

you don't know. the only person that knows anything is the dude that sent the email claiming the issue and the guy that put the thing together
I'm not saying you half-assed it. It just doesn't mean you put it together perfectly.

If you used more glue on the outside edge of the magnet than was originally intended, the magnet could be pushed closer to the pole piece. Yes, it's a tight gap.

Why did you even feel the need to re-bild it if you weren't going to swap the magnets for new better ones? It had worked perfectly fine.

I'm not saying you half-assed it. It just doesn't mean you put it together perfectly.
If you used more glue on the outside edge of the magnet than was originally intended, the magnet could be pushed closer to the pole piece. Yes, it's a tight gap.

Why did you even feel the need to re-bild it if you weren't going to swap the magnets for new better ones? It had worked perfectly fine.
considering the viscosity of glue and the pulling power of neo, no there wasn't excess glue between the neo and pillar face.

if you read my thread it explains the issues with the motor and why it was disassembled. it also explains why you cant replace the neo in this motor

considering the viscosity of glue and the pulling power of neo, no there wasn't excess glue between the neo and pillar face.
if you read my thread it explains the issues with the motor and why it was disassembled. it also explains why you cant replace the neo in this motor
I'm not saying that's the problem, but there could be something minor yo overlooked.

I don't remember there being an issue with it, and I don't feel like looking back through a bunch of pages to figure it out. Yes, I get that there's about 1/16 of an inch or something machined out of the inner face of each magnet. Could it not be done with new magnets?

I'm not saying that's the problem, but there could be something minor yo overlooked.
I don't remember there being an issue with it, and I don't feel like looking back through a bunch of pages to figure it out. Yes, I get that there's about 1/16 of an inch or something machined out of the inner face of each magnet. Could it not be done with new magnets?
I didn't overlook anything. when the motor was finished a simple look over the gap, which I did,would have shown an issue, in which there wasn't one. plain and simple.

in the thread it says the glue was so degraded AKA old as **** junk, that It was only held together by the faux plate. the faux plate is the aluminum top that holds 80% of the motor together and only allows one position to be attached. the pillars were pulling from the back plate since they weren't all the same height. no you cant just machine neo and the neo used was a proprietary non standard dimension (again, its in the thread) that couldn't be replaced

I use to own the first two DD 99z10s made ......

This is where I blew a dust cap off one...I had an Atomic 5000 on each 10....

DDooops011-1.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.