HELP.. subs stopped workin

Participant count
  • Participant list

mtownrepa
10+ year member

my voice coils in my subs burned out but my question is the people who wired my subs to my amp bridged them i have a 4000w amp and two 15" subs at 2000w apeice if my subs were bridged to the amp does that mean im pushin 4000w to both subs? if so should i wire the subs to each channel? all i want is for 2000w to go to each sub how should i wire them...... please help

btw i am not a pro at this so if i sound like i dnt know what im talkin bout thats cuz i dnt

i know how don't is spelled im not in here for a spelling bee so u can get outta here wit that ****.. i have Max Pro 15'' 2000 Watt Small Enclosure Dual 4 Ohm Subwoofer MODEL: MAXP154D SERIES: MAX... Max Pro 4000 Watt 2 Channel High Power Mosfet Amplifier MODEL: MXA282 SERIES: MAX

link for the amp Lanzar Car Audio

link for the subs Lanzar Car Audio

i know how don't is spelled im not in here for a spelling bee so u can get outta here wit that ****.. i have Max Pro 15'' 2000 Watt Small Enclosure Dual 4 Ohm Subwoofer MODEL: MAXP154D SERIES: MAX... Max Pro 4000 Watt 2 Channel High Power Mosfet Amplifier MODEL: MXA282 SERIES: MAX

link for the amp Lanzar Car Audio

link for the subs Lanzar Car Audio

agreed. Lanzar is so overrated it's comical. You can expect roughly 1000W RMS out of that amp. The only way that amp would make 4000W would be with a square wave seconds before it melted.

$.25 per watt is about as cheap as you can find.

save me the cheap crap i know what i paid for is what i get. nobody has yet to answer my question all i wanna know is should they be bridged to the amp or not cuz my subs voice coil burned out. im getting new subs and i want to know if they should be bridged or wired into each channel i dnt want this to happen again. if i bridge them does that mean im putting out 4000w to each speaker? i know its not 4000w but all i want is for less than 2000w per sub cuz i dnt want to burn these out again. so how should i wire them bridged at 1x4000w or 2 channels 2x2000w? can some one just answer the questions and not tell me how cheap my subs are

1x4000w or 2 channels 2x2000w
thats the same thing. either way your speakers see "2000" watts (really about 3-400). Those subs are also overrated for power handling, i blew one 100w under rms.

IN answer to your question, its the exact same thing.

And I know because that stuff is so shitty you probly had gain and bass all the way up. Turn it down to optimal levels. Distortion aint bumpin

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.