ebay amp wire any good?

Participant count
  • Participant list

celicagtman
10+ year member

la
hey guys so i jsut bought a pioneer ts 3002-d2 sub which is a 12" 1200 wat and 3500 watt max sub. and also a Pioneer Gm-D8400M Mono Amplifier With 1200-Watt Max Power 300 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (600 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms). i was looking for a wiring an had no idea so i did some research and found out that its best to get the 4 guage wiring to wire the amp. so i was looking at ebay and found this for 25$ XAK 2500 2000 WATT AMP KIT 4 Ga GAUGE WIRING - eBay (item 370265737064 end time Mar-24-10 16:42:04 PDT)

has anyone tried it?or is it any good?

oh so.its dosnt really matter is what you guys are saying?.there are some more cheaper options.not sure if i should go with

.btw should i be getting the 4 guage or the 6 guage? i know from what i read that the lower you go the better it is.but i heard some times its with certain subs 6 or 8 is more preferred.

Get the best wire that fits in your budget. I always tell people, if your running bass, I dont care if its only 2-300rms, if the power wire is traveling more than 10 or 12 feet, then you need 4ga. Dont skimp out on the wire if you can avoid it

Always use a minimum of 4 gauge for power/ground to give yourself room for upgrades. I use 0 gauge in my car but that's another story. As far as "eBay" wiring kits... it is true that "you get what you paid for" to an extent. Not all copper wires are made equal but I wouldn't spend any more than $100 on even a 0 gauge wiring kit.

I remember spending About $25 on a 4 gauge amp wiring kit(the brand was Phoenix Digital) and all the wires had this weird slime coating over it, presumably to help you snake the cables but I hated it because it made everything slimy. Not the easy to clean slime either, you have to use goo gone or alcohol. The wires themselves were not OFC(oxygen-free copper) as I could already see oxidation in the wires before I opened it. Same goes with the patch cable and the remote wire, but it did work.

Sound Digital(made by Stinger) and Audiopipe makes decent amp kits for a fair price.

haha my amp cost me 55$ i am on i tight budget so i dont think i am gonna get getting the 0 ga anytime soon. but i will deffinetly check out sound digital

haha my amp cost me 55$ i am on i tight budget so i dont think i am gonna get getting the 0 ga anytime soon. but i will deffinetly check out sound digital
I wouldn't look into sound digital since its a amp company.lol that would be soundquest your looking for

if you watch the forums you can find wire hella cheap. I scored 31 ft of 1/0 kicker hyperflex for 40 bucks a week ago //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif. now im going to do my second run of 1/0 when i get some time

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.