Help!!!!! Sub vibrates loudly when all the doors especially the trunk are closed and while driving

Participant count
  • Participant list

Purpzilla

CarAudio.com Newbie
So I’m at a loss I was in a wreck and totaled my old car that had the sub in it no damage that i can tell to the sub or amp but I got a 2018 Honda Civic hatchback which required a line out converter for my rca cables. Well after installing everything I’m only getting little volume from the bass when it is actually working how it should but when it isn’t it shaking violently! I have no idea what else to do please help!!!!

Have you ruled out the improper wiring of the LOC? Is one of your options replacing the equipment that was involved in the wreck? I would start with the Sub. If that solves your problem - stop there. If not - get another amplifier.

Have you ruled out the improper wiring of the LOC? Is one of your options replacing the equipment that was involved in the wreck? I would start with the Sub. If that solves your problem - stop there. If not - get another amplifier.
Actually I was thinking that cause the wires for the stock stereo are tiny as hell so I had to use spare speaker wire to give the wires some length but I only used one side of the speaker wire to make sections. Would that effect it since the loc has two positive and two negative cables??

and as for having more equipment I have a 1500W poweracoustik That i originally bought with it but swapped out when a friend sold me his 3000w amp just wasn’t sure if a bad amp would still play that loudly cause when it vibrates or hums whatever u wanna call it it’s almost unbearable if ur in the car

1.Take sub out see is anything loose 2.open trunk while it's loud in see where it's coming from 3.check box for cracks or see is anything touching 4.turn box face up or facing trunk

1.Take sub out see is anything loose 2.open trunk while it's loud in see where it's coming from 3.check box for cracks or see is anything touching 4.turn box face up or facing trunk
[/
Ok so sub looks good.

When trunk is open the vibration goes away I’ll post a video to show what I mean if I can do that here

The box looks good and nothing seems to be touching

and speaker is facing trunk

Only other question I have is could the amp be fucked cause I have a spare I could swap out to if that could be the case

and the line out converter when I put it in the radio wires are thin as hell and short so I used speaker wire to extend them a bit so I could wire them easier but I only used the copper side of the speaker wire for extensions so could that be a issue since the LOC has 2 positive cables 2 negatives 2 grounds

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.