Help selecting a 15 for limited box space

All the ported boxes we're either particle board or 5/8ths mdf and tuned 40-45hz. Does the stiffness of the box have a large impact on the boomyness and cleanliness of the sound that much?I plan on using 3/4 mdf

I have a Rockford fosgate power t1 12 @700w rms in a 1.5 cu sealed box and its output is decent and the sound is almost exactly how I want it. Is there any way to get as low and clean as that with a ported or anywhere close to it?
Just to steer you in the right direction as others here are correct.

I had custom made 12" box thats 2.5^3 cu ft. made for another sub which is currently being used with a db drive wdx 12" 5K and its only running on 1300 watts, This single 12" sub really tears **** apart even tho the recommended size of box is 3.4 cu ft. so that says alot.

And yes i have bumped next to someone who had a kicker l7 15" sub and others have said my single 12 not only hit harder and lower then the kicker, but was much cleaner sounding then that raggedy kicker l7.

Quit fighting this, do a x 12 ported to spec. It will sound great!
Not trying to fight this. I just want to understand why things are the way they are if Im going to go against what I initially thought.

Also the HD Seems nice but I'm not sure how I would go about getting one and what the prices are.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not trying to fight this. I just want to understand why things are the way they are if Idk going to go against what I initially thought.Also the HD Seems nice but I'm not sure how I would go about getting one and what the prices are.
Pm Murphy, or get with mylows on here. You will not be disappointed!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.