HElp!!!!!!!!rookie wants BOOM!!!!!!!!

TheKid

im noticing that most of you are leaning towards these jl 13 w7 and the xxx. is there nothing better as far as 12"ers go? I have an old school punch 500x1...........1000.1 amp. Will this be enough power to push two of these jl's or xxx?another yhing, what are visoniks, and how do they compare? I want MAXIMUM ground shaking BOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!I mean MAXIMUM....Is it true about the rewelding car part ****? Like the trunk latch....how do i keep **** from rattling loose?........Thanx

If you go with the W7's you'll need alot more than a 500x1 fosgate. I think they're rated at 1000 watts each (can't remember) so you would want at least 700 to each sub.

If you go with the W7's you'll need alot more than a 500x1 fosgate. I think they're rated at 1000 watts each (can't remember) so you would want at least 700 to each sub.
not true at all. a 10" w7 works great off 500 watts. and give the sub the proper enclosure and u can reach the xmas of the sub without the subs RMS.

a XXX is 1600rms, it works well with anything above 1200 watts. But if ur running only 1200 to it, it would be ideal to port it. Both subs hit hard, but the XXX wins because of the price tag.

not true at all. a 10" w7 works great off 500 watts. and give the sub the proper enclosure and u can reach the xmas of the sub without the subs RMS.
a XXX is 1600rms, it works well with anything above 1200 watts. But if ur running only 1200 to it, it would be ideal to port it. Both subs hit hard, but the XXX wins because of the price tag.
HELLO!!! He said TWO W7's. No **** 500x1 will push one.

Go with the L7's, they are cheaper than W7's and "Team Welch’s Maximus van and two of KICKER biggest, baddest woofers on the planet not only grabbed the top spot in the USACi SPL Extreme Modified power class with a reading of 176.0 dB on the Audio Control meter, but then it smashed any doubters’ questions with a 171.1 dB on the B&K meter in the world-record round. That score completely obliterated the previous mark of 161.2 by an unheard-of 9.9 dB, and done with the critical eyes of a World-Finals crowd bearing down on the lanes. Amazing!" they got the record with two subs.HMMMM?

Deplixer - u seriously need to calm down. ur already making a fool of urself all over the boards already.
Quit trying to punk me everytime I give someone advice and I will chill. I've found that I've been doing this stuff a lot longer than a lot of people on this forum. If someone asks for advice I give them good advice, not "this is ok", or "you won't hear the distortion". Look, I want people to sound as good as me, I don't like telling people they can get so so equipment and telling them they won't be able to hear the distortion. Once you run a very clean system long enough you start to pick up the distortion in lesser systems. Remember who started this little tyrade when you were trying to be funny and mock my advice. I don't mock other people till they cross that line. If you wanna chill then I'll quit telling you why things are done the way they are. As of now, clean slate. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

And if you actually knew anything you would know that numbers put up at a competition have no relevance to the products performance in a daily driver install.
Yeah you're right but it sure is fun to brag. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rotflol.gif.b453361716769b8110ddefc85ff03cd2.gif J/K

Quit trying to punk me everytime I give someone advice and I will chill. I've found that I've been doing this stuff a lot longer than a lot of people on this forum. If someone asks for advice I give them good advice, not "this is ok", or "you won't hear the distortion". Look, I want people to sound as good as me, I don't like telling people they can get so so equipment and telling them they won't be able to hear the distortion. Once you run a very clean system long enough you start to pick up the distortion in lesser systems. Remember who started this little tyrade when you were trying to be funny and mock my advice. I don't mock other people till they cross that line. If you wanna chill then I'll quit telling you why things are done the way they are. As of now, clean slate. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
what a douche bag. honestly...wtf are u talking about? sound as good as you...i sound better. and...where the **** did all this talk about distortion and **** come from...just keep ur mouth shut till u actually know what ur talking about...and i don't think that'll happen...unless this becomes a "how to be a douche bag" forum. peace

NG

A little full of ourselves are we?

Just because you've "been doing this stuff a lot longer" does not mean you are the god of audio or know the best solution for every problem. Quoting SPL EXTREME CAR scores means especially dick when applying woofer usage to real world applications. Extreme cars are designed specifically for one thing...to be loud. You can drop a pair of Road Gear 12s in an Extreme car and they are going to be loud.

Sorry to drop the bomb on you. As of now, clean slate. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

if youve been doing this so long, whyd you buy two caps instead of upgrading your alt?
I am running a high amp alt. you idiot. Since you are so educated then you would know that caps aren't just for "current draw". Try doing some research on what an electrolytic capacitor does in its entirety, in relation to dc and ac components in the power line.

I am running a high amp alt. you idiot. Since you are so educated then you would know that caps aren't just for "current draw". Try doing some research on what an electrolytic capacitor does in its entirety, in relation to dc and ac components in the power line.

dc and ac components? dumbass......

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.