HELP! Remote wire only getting 3v ??

Participant count
  • Participant list

Croby95

Hello!

I am having a lot of trouble getting my subs to work in my 2003 Acura RSX Type S. I have 2 12" DVC Hifonics subs (400w RMS each) hooked up at 1 ohm to a Hifonics BRX1000.1D amp(1000w RMS @1ohm). All the connections are SOLID but amp nor subs will seem to work. I spliced the wiring harness for my single din stereo (JVS KD-R330) properly.

The other day the amp would turn on when the remote wire was connected to the blue/white amp turn-on and brown amp trigger wire but the subs wouldn't play, however now the amp won't even turn on. I tried connecting the remote wire to the yellow/red switched 12v+ wire and the amp didnt turn on then either. The radio turned on though when it was connected to either. With both connections (blue/white AND yellow/red), the power light on the amp would blink.

I even tried it all out with my old amp (Hifonics HFi1000.1D) and a brand new head unit and couldn't get anything to work. Tried a different remote wire too, no luck. All fuses are intact! I read something about bypassing the stock Bose amp under the passenger seat? Need to fix the remote wire problem first so the amp will at least turn on... Took it to best buy for a quick diagnosis and the remote wire only has 3v, the other amp terminals tested normally.

Any help is appreciated! Hope to have it fixed by Monday so i can bump on the way up to NY to watch USA vs. Ghana with my college friends!

Thanks

Run the remote turn on from your amp to the acc wire (ignition) or tap into your fuse box to an acc fuse that turns off when you turn off the car.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.