Please Help! Power Problems: Alternator/Batteries

Participant count
  • Participant list

LaidD3athl0rd
10+ year member

Hi there, i am in urgent need of an answer, i have been on the research for ages and cannot find a decent answer. I need to find a method to sufficiently power the system without necessarily replacing the alternator for a high output one.

My situation is, i have a ford falcon 2005, it runs a stock 110amp alternator and my car stereo system will pull about 3000 watt rms capable. i dont mind running extra batteries but when the car is on it draws from the alternator until exceeded.

And its a system for whilst the car is running not off, its not going to pull 3000 watt rms for any longer than a song or so but i want it to be able to do rated power for when i am heavy hitting the bass etc.

a few of the following questions i have are:

- A 110amp alternator puts out est 1500 watts lets say. 400 watts of that, powers the car excluding the stereo for example. If i upgrade to a secondary battery in the boot that puts out 2000 watts should this cover the difference?

so if im correct when the alternator exceeds 110amps it will draw the excess from the batteries and at 3000 watts rms stereo system, between the alternator 1000 watts and the battery 2000 watts, this should be sufficient? not going into consideration of efficiency i will factor in that but the basic principles?

Whats the go? will this work? will my alternator not put out enough? are there better alternatives? Any negatives? head light dimming etc.. anything at all.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated, but please don't push me to get a new alternator just yet as there aren't many that suit my vehicle make.. Australia -_-

Thank you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.