AHHH this is driving me crazy wiring two kicker L5 and Hifonics brutus amp i an idiot

djprince2389

Hello,

I need a little bit of help with wiring options for the amplifier Hifonics BX1505D. I know they have since discontinued this product but were wondering if it would be possible help me with the installation of my two new speakers. I have had this amp for 8 years now and have had zero problems and am very impressed with the product. It is the longest lasting amp I have ever owned. The problem I’m having is I have bought two new speakers, two 15in Kicker L5 Solo-Barics and I am wiring them (parallel/parallel) = 1 ohm load Voice coils wired in parallel, speakers wired in parallel, to reduce the ohm to 1 as they are both 4ohm DVC. However I am confused on which speaker outputs on the amp to connect to as on this amp there are 2 speaker terminals and with the parallel wiring I only use one speaker output. If you can share an advice on this it would be greatly appreciated. Or is you have a better idea for a wiring option with these subs and this amp to deliver maximum power I would love to hear. The speakers are 750rms/1500 peak. And the amp is a mono 1500@1ohm.

iJnqXIF.jpg

TIuquFA.gif

is this right for a 1ohm load to the amp?

mjHEbSA.gif

Literally all you do for a 1ohm load with 2 DVC speakers is connect the - to the other - on the speaker and the + to the other + on the speaker, and repeat that for the other speaker. Then take the newly formed + and connect it to the other speakers' new + and put that into the outermost + terminal on your amp. And then do the same for the new - connections. Boom, 1 ohm load

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.