Help rebuilding a sub

My63bug

Senior VIP Member
So I picked up this 12. It has a busted tinsel lead.. I was thinking about rebuilding it. Beefing it up making a custom. any ideas where I can get information on. What can be done with this motor n basket

s2XDCuJ.png

aV0vGdf.png

yiSoBbT.jpg

Old School Re. Basket is common. Likely a 3" coil. It will be a fairly flexible platform although I would try to keep moving mass from getting out of control and would try to keep the suspension fairly soft. It really depends on your goals though.

x2 if you just want a really good recone kit you can go with fixmyspeaker

and maybe Fi. Havent kept up with things the past couple years, but if Scott is still around he may know or thing or two about that driver ;-)

Cant get pn fixmyspeaker anything I click on it asked me for username and password. I don't even know how to register

WQxU2CZ.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Old School Re. Basket is common. Likely a 3" coil. It will be a fairly flexible platform although I would try to keep moving mass from getting out of control and would try to keep the suspension fairly soft. It really depends on your goals though.
It's a 600w RMS sub. I'd like to double the power handling if that's possible

It's a 600w RMS sub. I'd like to double the power handling if that's possible
Likely they put in as big a coil as it can fit or as the motor can really control. Assuming that's an honest rating it's thermal not mechanical limited.

If it's just a broken tinsel you can probably repair that.

try messaging them on facebook looks like their website is broken for some reason

looks like their page actually says its down for upgrades as of last night

almost every recone ive seen on older RE's is psi. if the gap is large enough you can fit an 8 layer 3 inch coil but i doubt it. pull the soft parts out and measure it with an accurate caliper

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.