Help! Protect light turning on when speakers connected!

Participant count
  • Participant list

shiner19

Texas
I have a 4 channel amp that has my 2 front speakers/tweeters connected to it, as well as one 12'' subwoofer. My stock(bose) back speakers run off my head unit. Its a 2002 nissan altima.

Recently my Front driver side door speaker and maybe tweeter (hard to tell) started cutting in and out randomly it seems. When i checked the wiring at the amp it looked fine but noticed that my front driver side speaker was actually wired to the passenger side at the amp, and vice versa. So that when I turned the music to the drivers side from my head unit, the passenger side was getting louder...I fixed this by simply switching the wiring at the amp (making sure to be consistent with positive etc), as soon as I do this the amp will go into protect mode and the front speakers and sub will turn off, but my stock speakers in the back running off the head unit continue. If I switch the wiring back (incorrectly mind you) it will go back to working but having the drivers side speaker cut in and out. Is this a short? Or my headunit? I dont understand why switching the speakers at the amp would cause my amp to go into protect? Any suggestions? Thank you

ooh! you may have fried your amp. to my knowledge (and i can prove this with pics when the old lady gets home) , bose car speakers are 1 ohm. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif your amp may be toast. sorry dude.

ooh! you may have fried your amp. to my knowledge (and i can prove this with pics when the old lady gets home) , bose car speakers are 1 ohm. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif your amp may be toast. sorry dude.
learn-how-to-read-30078-1269230675-114.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.