Help on subwoofers

https://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/woofer_configurations.asp?Q=3&I=22#results

If you have the DVC2 ohm subs you may do a bit better? What ohm are your subs by the way?Ive never liked uneven ohm loads. Ive always ran 1,2 4, or 8 subs try keep it pretty even. Its always seemed to be a safer run for me on subs, and kept pretty much at RMS or approx 100 rms under per sub, seem to last much longer and my hands out of my pockets:)

I've got a nice single 15 that would do great on that power and airspace. 350 shipped if you're interested. Not sure how that box sits in the car, I'd want a bit more port area whatever you use.

Pair of good 12s would be good as well or just replace the broken 10. Or recone it. Doesn't SKAR sell recone kits/parts?

If it was me and I was stuck on Skar, I'd do a pair of EVL-12D2's and drop that CAB to 1/2 ohm... been there done that... lol... that's what I'd do... NOT a recommendation, Probably go with any quality set of 12's in that volume you got available and they'll do well. I personally used both the CAB amps and Skar subs and the EVL-12's aren't bad, like to get low and loud and will take some power. I don't know pricing like others but the AB XFL-12, SA-12, and many others would do really well in your space available. Whichever way you go... if it was me.... I'd drop that "B" to 1/2 ohm and feed them puppies (whatever you decide on)... and let em eat...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/hide.gif.2d479cfd917eedfe201353b91522ceab.gif... For me it's just a $200 amp and when it blows (mine never did)... it would be a minute of anguish then time to upgrade.

Enclosure looks just about right to me...

MJUSZm.jpg

Watchin that video, It looks like you ought to watch the wangin' away under tuning dude... no wonder the subs failed...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

I found an old demo vid... I'll post it in a few.. it's uploading now to YouTube (I deleted the rest). A pair of 12's CAN get it done... and the EVL's aren't all that bad... lol

Here it is...

Not even that loud... lol

I am lookin my best since the stroke...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
@shredder2 nice redesign I was actually thinking the same either EVL or DDX and yeah I was playing below tuning at 35 ish and the lows were hitting down to 28hz

@audiobaun they are d2 wired at 1.3ohm

well I'll just let this die out thanks a lot to Shredder2 he gave me a great redesign for a set of 12's and I'm just going to roll that direction

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.