Help on subwoofers

Blang

Hello, guys, I have a dilemma so let me fill in the blanks to give you guys the ability to add input to my issue

I daily drive a 2011 Nissan Versa S, I installed a few audio improvements kinda..... anyway

I currently have an Atoto android head unit love it, by the way, added a set of component Rockford Fosgate 6.5's in the front and a set of coax in the back doors on a Polk Audio PA D4000.4 and sounds great ..... till I blew the rear door coax speakers..... I'm preparing for replacing those just haven't done it anyway moving on in the rear I built a Subwoofer Enclosure that is 34Wx20Lx18H and netting me 5.74cubes with 3 VVX10V2 drivers displacing at 0.36 along with three 4" circular ports 10" long giving me a tuning freq around 35hz with a net volume of 5.14 cubes on a common chamber...... I think those are pretty accurate and the power plant is a CAB 1600.1D and it was doing an amazing job....... till I broked it....... and separated the coil off one of my 10's #sadface

insert picture here

c0A1ZLD.jpg

So the Dilemma I have is thus I contacted fixmyspeaker to get a quote on reconing all 3 drivers... still waiting on that reply...... anyway buddy at work was like man why don't you just throw two 12" DDX in there and had me thinking hmmm I could and spun that around my head for a day then today he was asking me did you decide on anything I said nope.... then another co-worker tuned in and asked could you fit 3 12's??? I replied hmmm maybe 3 SDR 12's.........and of course the one guy in the back was like what about 2 15's I instantly said nope not enough airspace...... and of course he came back with well what about a single 18......I swear to god I felt some gears turning pulled out my phone and looked at the skar EVL 18 and was like omfg maybe but wait for single 18 vs two 12 vs three 12 vs three reconed 10's hmmmmm What would actually sound better and deeper in this tiny car I mean the 3 10's were absolutely bonkers........ I needed experienced input and people with a open mind and not a flame fest .........

insert crazy video of 3 10's

PS: yes I understand the box would need to be modified for anything other than three 10's and that's completely doable

Id run a pair of XFL 12s in that box.Place that amp in a 1 ohm load.Set the amp properly and make sure you have the supply for the demand and I think it will do great in my opinion

@nauc I would like to stay with skar but that FI SSD18 looks nice
@Jeffdachef 10 cubes sounds way overkill but ok?
@kcr357 yes the port area was a bit low for the 3 10's but it was at 37.7in2 with a 5.14cf common chamber it actually sounded good so I left it
@audiobaun I do appreciate the recommendations but I would prefer to stay with skar audio I like them and also I will reuse the cab 1600.1 also those 2 12's not really going to work

basicly looking for a setup that will make use of the cab 1600.1 certified 1600 or dynamic 2300
also really looking at 18" now just for the holy sh*t factor

[quote name='Blang']@nauc I would like to stay with skar but that FI SSD18 looks nice
@Jeffdachef 10 cubes sounds way overkill but ok?
@kcr357 yes the port area was a bit low for the 3 10's but it was at 37.7in2 with a 5.14cf common chamber it actually sounded good so I left it
@audiobaun I do appreciate the recommendations but I would prefer to stay with skar audio I like them and also I will reuse the cab 1600.1 also those 2 12's not really going to work

basicly looking for a setup that will make use of the cab 1600.1 certified 1600 or dynamic 2300
also really looking at 18" now just for the holy sh*t factor[/QUOTE]

its literally what works best when you model the sub up into winisd, bass box pro and other software. Other wise you get a peaky piece of sh*t performance wise. The EVL is undermotored for the soft parts it has. Definitely not something you can skimp airspace on at all unless you want major disappointment.

@Boomin_tahoe I don't think I would go down to 2 10's unless I just pull the 1 that's blown and build a new box prefer not to do that tbh

@THATpurpleKUSH this is a sedan (trunk) it is a pain to get the box in and out have to remove back seat upper and lower and the seatbelt mounting and remove the box from the back doors

@Slo_Ride I really like the price to performance that skar offers as long as you don't abuse it they will last unlike what I did and try to see what 16hz looked like on full power for a bit too long and separated the coil on 1 of them haha

@Jeffdachef good to know the info I left the? hoping you would explain how that came about thanks

let me clarify what I want tbh I cant build the box any bigger it just won't fit into the car at all the current box barely gets past the door panel and take 2 people to get it in and out I built it out of cabinet grade birch and would actually like to reuse the box and just change the front double baffle I don't want to go smaller than the 3 10's... I can't afford super high-end stuff like DC, sundown, PSI, ECT so I want to reuse what I have recone or just sell off the 10's

If your limited on space, 2 10's or 2 12's get's my vote.
I agree myself. Those 2- xfl 12s will do just fine in that box, and get pretty low. They may not get all the power/full potential, but they will get down just fine or a pair of 1k rms 10s may have to cut it down to 4.0 cu ft, but those 12s will do fine in 3.0 ea

I broke my skar subwoofer randomly but want to stay with skar cause they are great. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wow.gif.23d729408e9177caa2a0ed6a2ba6588e.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.