Help on my box design! box xperts!

synikalt
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Daygo
I have a hd3 12'' and a 1750 amp, right now its in a 1.2 cube box thats not doing **** for the sub. im looking to get a 2.5 box tuned to 38hz

so my question is about the port

my box size will be

13X20X22

port will be 4x11.5x32 maze port

or

box: 13X20X22

port: 2X11.5X18

hd3 can move some air but with the 2x11.5 port ur cuttin down on port aera as were on the 4x11.5 ur opening up the port but adding 180 degree turns in the port so why not split the difference and do 3x11.5

as for me previously owning an hd3.. i think you should probably go w/2.8-3 cubes @ 40 hz..

they love that tuning, i had mine in 34 hz, then switched to 40 & gained quite a bit of output..

what kind of vehicle is this going in? your 2003 stang?

Those dimensions are NOT going to get you a 2.5 cube enclosure. You can get right about 2.5 after sub displacement if and only if you use external ports. Are there any dimensions you can budge on without completely sealing this off from the cabin?

The closest I can come is about 1.7 cubes tuned to 40hz with any respectable amount of port area.

yea its going into my mustang its an 03 coupe. but my max hieght is 13'' and my max width is 29 and i have very good depth to work with as well. i could also do a sub facing up so i would be doin a box hieght of 12'' and even more of a flexible width and dept to move around 35'' each.

so im going for roughly 2.25-3 cubes tuned to around 38 hz so hopefully this could help my output out. the box its in isn't sh!t but 1.2 cubes right now and i do not like it.

okso do 3x11.5 thats still 34.5sq which is plenty for 1 12
i may go with that. like i said im not an expert but i am learning. they guy that made my box had made me a bad box design...as well knowin the sub doesn't even fit since the back of the sub digs into my box. no free air space there.

I just did a single 12" slot port enclosure build for my 00 stang and test fit last night.

It barely f'n fit. I did:

Height: 13.5"

Width: 35"

Depth: 14"

Tuned to 33hz

2.5 width slot port, 1 90 degree turn on the port.

After sub and port displacement I got pretty much 2.0 cu ft on the nose.

Note, I had to take the rear seats and rear back rest brackets out to get the box in. Even then it wouldn't go straight in because of the upper corners are rounded. I had to put it length wise into the trunk and then turn the box. Had the box had any more depth I don't think I would have been able to turn it. Going any bigger than this I think you might not be able to get the box in.

Will this fit?

6o67qc0.png

It's 2.4 cubes after sub/port/wood and tuned to 38hz.

I just did a single 12" slot port enclosure build for my 00 stang and test fit last night.
It barely f'n fit. I did:

Height: 13.5"

Width: 35"

Depth: 14"

Tuned to 33hz

2.5 width slot port, 1 90 degree turn on the port.

After sub and port displacement I got pretty much 2.0 cu ft on the nose.

Note, I had to take the rear seats and rear back rest brackets out to get the box in. Even then it wouldn't go straight in because of the upper corners are rounded. I had to put it length wise into the trunk and then turn the box. Had the box had any more depth I don't think I would have been able to turn it. Going any bigger than this I think you might not be able to get the box in.

yea had a similiar design for 2 10s facing upward. i had a box that was 4 cubes. like 13.5X32X28 i believe. it was huge for my tiny trunk. i had to put it in length wise then turn it, after taking out my back seats and bending the borders back and using my feet to shove it in. and i think i chocked out my air space cause there wasn't room for shiat. lol

S5000682.jpg

it fkin ******!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.