Help on electrical backup?

96 lude
10+ year member

Florida
Hey everyone my name is cody. As of right now I building a system that consists of 4 alpine type r 10 with 4 hifonics Brutus 1200d Amps. Now I know that I need some electrical backup but what should I be looking for?

I don't see why you would need that much power for four type Rs unless you plan on upgrading subs down the road....
my only guess is that the amps are wired for 4 ohm each and for comp wired down for 1 ohm each but even then the type r 10s wont take 1200w/each for long

group 31 is a size of battery. the batts you want are ~$250 each or so (AGM deep cycle). Alt will be ~$400-500. Front batt AGM will be around ~$200

oodles of 1/0 wire and terminals and ANL fuse holders

yea, i agree with the estimate above of $1000-$1200 for electrical. that's more than all four amps! gotta pay to play. otherwise, you might as well just eliminate half your subs/amps cuz the voltage drop you'll get will negate the extra gear.

should have just got 1 amp to do that power,then you would have needed less batteries
not necessarily less efficient to have four amps vs one amp. certainly, total current is 1/4 per per amp, which helps efficiency. but wiring would have been much simpler. power and ground wiring will be a chore, even a great installer would be tasked to make it right. i would probably spend 10 hours just wiring the amps - including wire routing, protection, terminations, battery connections, etc.

here is a great Group 31 battery: Platinum Marine Battery - Group Size 31M (Price with Exchange)- DieHard-Automotive-Batteries-Marine Batteries

ha. i hear ya. when i was 16 i had multiple amps and four subs as well. so i know where you're coming from. what i didn't know back then was that i needed an electrical system to support my equipment. you're lucky enough to have forums like this where you can get advice, see build pictures, etc. back in the 90's my only references were magazines, local shops, and friends who didn't know jack. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i have 3 amps currently. but only one is for subs. two are for my front speakers. i have literally spent dozens of hours wiring the amps, perfecting routing. see my build log for some ideas on how to wire multiple amps and not have it look like a spider's den. wire management is important. work on proper wiring methods now and it'll help you throughout.

take pics along the way, of every step. pics keep you honest. if you are embarrassed to show something, fix it. detailed pics of my builds was one of the best things i've done and it's helped me be a much better installer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

96 lude

10+ year member
96 lude
Florida
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from