Help needed

I used to be a Rockford Fosgate fanboi. I can tell you, P3's do not like sealed. They sound ok but have no output. In a proper built, proper tuned vented enclosure, they come alive. That pre-fab is not doing that sub justice. Take the money and have someone like Brian Horton over at www.starrmountainsound.com build you an enclosure. Or if you are capable of building yourself, have @Buck design you and enclosure and build it yourself.

Had my gains set at the shop so how do I build a box I asked ?
The simplest way to build a ported box is go with a rectangle box and slot port ...draw up a box to subwoofer specs ..use 3/4 Birch or MDF ..both can be bought at lowes or home depot .
You'll need 1 sheet...figure your box cut sheet ..go to Lowes or HD either will have a nice customer based table saw ... tip the guy cutting your box a $20 and tell him you need it cut to specs on your cut sheet ...while he's cutting your box ..pick up liquid nail and #10 2" decking screws go back get your wood...pay for it all...
go home and assemble..give liquid nail 3 hours to dry ..then cut circle out of box to fit subwoofer and your ready to go ...you can paint or stain your box or even wrap it in shag carpet or something if you want it to look better...and you'll be ready to jam on ....

Just seen a review on my amp of someone running a 500 watt L7, said it clips all the time never had that problem before and sounds like me ... Blame the amp?
Do you know what "clipping" is? What precisely do you believe is happening here? How have you measured and confirmed this?

Also comparing cone movement on a ported system to a sealed is not apples to apples.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.