Taramps vs Sundown

Cynic0l

CarAudio.com Regular
Jun 28, 2019
Hey playas, just ordered some speakers again.
pioneer tsm800 pros. Need help deciding what would be better to power them with, a Sundown SFB 500.4 or Taramps 2000x4?

Coolhand20th

CarAudio.com Elite
Mar 27, 2019
Wisconsin
Sundown is coming out with a new line of amplifiers next month. They are testing out even better then the current SFB line is right now.

Popwarhomie

CarAudio.com Elite VIP
5,000+ posts
10+ year member
Jan 22, 2010
FL
I have zero experience with the Sundown SFB 4 channels but I would try it. I loved my Taramps 4 channel amps though. I've had a few.

Cynic0l

CarAudio.com Regular
Jun 28, 2019
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sundown is coming out with a new line of amplifiers next month. They are testing out even better then the current SFB line is right now.
You know what date exactly and the price range?

Cynic0l

CarAudio.com Regular
Jun 28, 2019
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have zero experience with the Sundown SFB 4 channels but I would try it. I loved my Taramps 4 channel amps though. I've had a few.
Me either. Only recently have I seen people in Hawaii start to use them. For the most part, Taramps and Pioneer are the most used amps down here. I’ve had the 2000x4 & 1200x4 before as well just wanted to see if I could get some input about the SFB.

GTSQ

CarAudio.com Recruit
Jun 28, 2020
Idaho
I just got the Sfb 500.4 a week ago. It sounds just as good and as loud as the Nvx vad 4 I was running bridged to a pair of Godfather 8s. I’ll venture to say that the Sfb has a little less distortion at full tilt. My Sfb is now powering two Sundown neo v3 6.5s as well as the Godfathers. Not much time to experiment yet, but what I like so far is: 1 ohm stable, 2 ohm bridgeable, clip indicator, 1/0 inputs and smaller size. It seems very versatile to my future additions. I heard on a YouTube vid that it has bandpass filters but I can’t confirm that, as I use my HU’s crossover.
hope this helps.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Latest posts

Newest threads

Most posts - Past 30 days

Latest classifieds