Help my speakers keep blowing!

PoltArt
10+ year member

Recently I purchased CTX65CS - Image Dynamics 6.5 speakers and a Soundstream Soundstream RUB2.600 amp to power them.

I did all the wiring myself and I think there is an issue.

When I got them in the first 3 days the left speaker blew, and this was my fault as I ran it too loud not letting them settle. While getting an exchange I put the right speaker into the left door. About 5 weeks passed and I had no priblems except some rattling which I thought was my music turns out the left speaker was damaged (the one I took from the right door) so anyways yesterday I contacted ID and sent it for exchange. I then put the fully functional Right speaker into my left door again. And today It died. At first it rattled, then it wouldn't work but when I pushed on it, it did. And then it completely died.

So I am thinking maybe my wiring is causing this? Since I had to use 2-3 different wires connected together maybe the power is not traveling well enough and is causing this on the left door?

Anyone know what else could possibly be causing my speakers to keep blowing on the left door?

Here are the settings I have.

I am new to sound systems so I just did what sounded nice, I might be completely effing my system over with the settings. . .

systemsettings.jpg

is that gain maxed out? what do you mean 2 or 3 wires going to the speaker? check your wiring make sure you have no loose connections going to the speaker.
I think he means he used butt-connectors to make 3 pieces of wire 1 piece.

It can work, not it my car, but you know. Gain looks to be on minimum to me.

That HP filter looks low to me. 15hz - 225Hz means straight up is about 120hz.

I'd go about 11o'clock rather than 9o'clock.

It's completely possible that the left channel in that amplifier is outputting a dirty signal.... While I've not seen it a lot I have seen it twice, one had DC riding on the output (NOT supposed to happen), and the other one had one channel that was just completely distorted for some reason.... have access to an Oscilliscope? most likely not but it would be a sure fire way to make sure the amp was putting out a clean signal..... the other possibility you mentioned where you used several different lengths of wire to make it to the speakers is not the problem..... conductor's are conductor's the # of changes between the source and the speaker will not cause it to kill it, only possibly kill the sound quality of the signal going to it..... I'd put my money on the amp, new or not, causing problems....... Do you have one that you could put in it's place and see how long they last???

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.