Help modifying a dd9512 box design

Participant count
  • Participant list

sharkman

poor bass head
So im looking into running a 9512 on a m3a once i get the sub rebuilt. Car is a 73 chevy nova. 160 amp alt 1/0 with amg battery in trunk.

So last time i ran a 9512 i used dd compact box plans . But different car i want to use something close to their design or something that will fit. When measured i have 40 wide 13 high and 20 deep. Because of the height im not able to use dd box plan so i was hoping to get some help with making the height with

Screenshot_20200818-180307_Hancom Office Editor.jpg
Screenshot_20200818-180314_Hancom Office Editor.jpg
Screenshot_20200818-180333_Hancom Office Editor.jpg
Screenshot_20200818-180342_Hancom Office Editor.jpg
out fffff up the box. Any help with this would be great

For the 9512 g it looks like you have the right airspace ...they need 2 cu ft plus port ... port opening needs to be 32sq inches ...and 18" long ... rear fire the subwoofer ...double baffle the sub board it's a 60# subwoofer ...and make sure you position the port to load preferably passenger side about 8" from shock tower side .

For the 9512 g it looks like you have the right airspace ...they need 2 cu ft plus port ... port opening needs to be 32sq inches ...and 18" long ... rear fire the subwoofer ...double baffle the sub board it's a 60# subwoofer ...and make sure you position the port to load preferably passenger side about 8" from shock tower side .

Yeah that is just from dd site. But it won't work in my space. Im Wondering if i can reduce the height and mount the sub firing up. The nova trunk is tight and i want to keep the enclosure as deep in the trunk as possible.
475-i-7.jpg

That box needs to be bigger. You really should be aiming for 2.5-3 cube NET (volume eaten up by the wood, sub, and port doesn't count) and you should stick to 15"^2 per cube port area 18" deep.

I think sub up port to the side should be fine.

You wouldnt want it firing up... down fire would be ok .. but it would need room to move so I doubt you have room for that ... two 10s would be good but take 3cu ft plus port so a out 3.5 total ..that's a big box
I would love to do 2 10s but i only have one motor and want my amp and sub to matxh if possible. Finding dd gears is a bit tuff as well. It seems my limitations on height is killing me. Im also open to doing a 9510 which would still slam. I just need something i can feel in my chest so i want to tune low like 32-34. I believe the dd boxes they have plans for is for a 40 tune.

That box needs to be bigger. You really should be aiming for 2.5-3 cube NET (volume eaten up by the wood, sub, and port doesn't count) and you should stick to 15"^2 per cube port area 18" deep.

I think sub up port to the side should be fine.

Well i guess i would have to find a program or have somone draw me up something to fit. I can go as wide as 40 and 20 deep but height is super tight. I have to measure again but i believe 13 inch is my limit. I can probably remove the trunk lid torsion bars to gain a half inch lol.
If need be i will go with a 9510

Well i guess i would have to find a program or have somone draw me up something to fit. I can go as wide as 40 and 20 deep but height is super tight. I have to measure again but i believe 13 inch is my limit. I can probably remove the trunk lid torsion bars to gain a half inch lol.
If need be i will go with a 9510
40x20x13 is plenty of space to build a good single 12 box with plenty of room to spare. Just put together a spreadsheet or guessing and testing numbers with a piece of paper until you get 3 cube net internal after subtracting port and say .15 to .2 cube for the sub.

Whats your issue. Slide out if your trying to be a karen. If i want to change tune thats my preference.
I don't know who Karen is, but I can tell you if you feel you need to tune really low DD probably isn't going to be the best performer for you. Might see about trading it into something that'll do better low tuned. FYI you'll be able to play 5-6 cycles below tuning well enough. Might just consider using a round port. Buy you some 8" sono tube and use that. Easy enough to cut down to tune up or cut out entirely and try longer pieces.

I don't know who Karen is, but I can tell you if you feel you need to tune really low DD probably isn't going to be the best performer for you. Might see about trading it into something that'll do better low tuned. FYI you'll be able to play 5-6 cycles below tuning well enough. Might just consider using a round port. Buy you some 8" sono tube and use that. Easy enough to cut down to tune up or cut out entirely and try longer pieces.
Lol. Can't remember how much space is needed between the subwoofer and a hard surface. but even if i top mount the sub i dont believe i would have enough space. I will have to do some more measuring to be sure. Main thing is that i want to get the box under the rear deck to have clean look and space. If not the 10 works for me as well.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.