Help me shake this Volvo

The max I can do is 8.3 cu ft (39"x17x22) because I still want to get my spare tire out from the bottom of the trunk. But for one sub that is plenty, I mean I could have two but then my budget comes in. I have always done ported in the past but the local audio store has been trying to tell me that sealed is better when it's in the trunk.. I was dreaming up ways of porting through the rear deck but I know nothing about how subs perform in trunks except that I will probably be investing in a lot of dynamat.
39 x 17 x 22 is only 6.9(ish) ft3

I would say do 2 12s ported. You will be much happier with the performance.

2 SA 12s $390

AQ 1200D $250

Use the rest to buy wires and build an enclosure.

thats what you get for the droid platform:p: lol
Naw, it was operator error. Touchscreen phone and being half asleep equals fail. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Yea you guys are right it's ~6.5ft3, that's what I get for trying to do math while pre-gaming for the bar. Now I'm thinking one dc lvl4 18 ported front firing behind the pass side back seat because I can fold that side of the seat down when I wanna really turn it up and the rest of the time just leave the ski port open to the trunk.

Would 2 12's on the same 1000rms be louder or or tighter, what would the advantages of the 2 be.

Yea you guys are right it's ~6.5ft3, that's what I get for trying to do math while pre-gaming for the bar. Now I'm thinking one dc lvl4 18 ported front firing behind the pass side back seat because I can fold that side of the seat down when I wanna really turn it up and the rest of the time just leave the ski port open to the trunk.
Would 2 12's on the same 1000rms be louder or or tighter, what would the advantages of the 2 be.
well one 18 has more cone area then 2 12s but the 12s will be tighter obviously but it wont be a significant difference. i would go with the 18 imo...but it all depends on the space you have...that much space is really tight for that dc

well one 18 has more cone area then 2 12s but the 12s will be tighter obviously but it wont be a significant difference. i would go with the 18 imo...but it all depends on the space you have...that much space is really tight for that dc
Heres the deal man, you need to learn how a why a subwoofer driver works before you go and spread all sorts of bullshit around. 12's will not be "tighter" than a 18.

I agree with rabbit, i wouldnt do a 18 in that space...

Heres the deal man, you need to learn how a why a subwoofer driver works before you go and spread all sorts of bullshit around. 12's will not be "tighter" than a 18.
I agree with rabbit, i wouldnt do a 18 in that space...
chill bro

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.