HELP ME PLEASE!? Kicker L7 making "Rattling sound"

ktwagner
10+ year member

Hi there, i was wondering if any one knew what might be wrong with my sub when it hits the higher notes it makes a rattling sound and i was thinging its a blown voice coil? any info on how to go about repairing it? ive been looking high and low and just cant find a diagram or pics or any info on how to go about this. please anything will help. Thanks, -Kev

its a 4ohm also and i have no idea what some of the stuff u guys just said but i think a friend wired it wrong he did the blacks together and the red together to the amp and i just got a new box (ported) and i looked in my user manual and was like thats not right so i re wired them to two ohms and its still making the sound. is it worth fixing? any ideas how to go about doing it?

167820_10150134028693714_782128713_7941796_1590246_n.jpg

just did this...lolz

its a 4ohm also and i have no idea what some of the stuff u guys just said but i think a friend wired it wrong he did the blacks together and the red together to the amp and i just got a new box (ported) and i looked in my user manual and was like thats not right so i re wired them to two ohms and its still making the sound. is it worth fixing? any ideas how to go about doing it?
if it is a dual 4 ohm, and he had the blacks together, and reds together, then it was wired at 2 ohm...lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.