Help me pick the right amps for my setup.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Slayer16102

CarAudio.com Recruit
My alternator is a stock 110 amp alternator
My current headunit is a pioneer 6800BS 50x4 RMS
My current speakers are 4 - kicker CS 6.5" coaxials 4 ohm's rated at 100 RMS

I need a decent 4 channel amp to power these coaxials thats not too expensive. I'm open to using various brands so long as they are good build quality.
Please let me know which amp you would use to power these.

I would also like to get your recommendation on a monoblock amp for powering two 10" subs.
Given my alternator how many watts can I push safely without having to modify the electrical system.
I don't really want to upgrade my electrical system unless I really have to. My car is running 8 gauge wiring for the power and ground.

I primarily listen to *rap, rock, metal, techno, hip hop, and bass tracks. My primary music genre overall is rap or hip hop.

I'm not expecting ground pounding bass, but I want a nice decent system in my car with good sound quality.

Last edited:
If you can find one the Pioneer GM-D8604 or the D8704 are rock solid and do more then rated. And at 180 bucks shipped that is a good price considering they were going for 220+ a few months ago. I have one that I picked up for 150 shipped NIB and love it. Lot's of people use these for their setups.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...