Ohio
So I just purchased this subwoofer
Sundown SA12 v2. D4 RMS power 1000watts
I have a sundown saz 1500d v.3 but I feel like it's a bit much
Specs for amp
2ohm =3000watts x 1CH
1ohm= 1500watts x 1CH
4ohm= 400watts x 1CH
What amp would you recommend for this single sub?

Get a good box and run that amp, put the sub and box in a good position in the vehicle, have a clean signal, do your crossovers correctly, and I would run that amp, as well. I know box design can help your woofer deal with bigger power, so it is an option. You definitely want to be careful, but that SAZ amp is a great amp and the Sa-12 is a good sub. If there was a sub brand I'd be more comfortable with overpowering, it would be Sundown. There's certain port things you can do with a overpowered woofer to help the woofer move air in and out of the box without having too big of a port that kills bandwidth, but still allows the woofer to breathe better through the port with the higher power levels. It does take some skill; you have to be able to cut 45's.

But I agree, just keep the amp, as long as it's a 1000w Sa-12.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...