help me pick subs and amp

noble brown

Senior VIP Member
so i have a 2007 buick lucerne cx. i listen to mostly rap. i like to be able to hit the lows loud and clear (more loud then clear if i had to choose, but im all about balance). I currently have two 12" cheap xplods and a crunch GPV1100.1. im ditching the 12s asap. i want to get better sh*t basically. I'm willing to spend up to 300 on the sub(s) and 300 on the amp. looking to upgrade sub situation first. i would prefer 1 bad*ss 12 or 15 to save space but i will go to 2 12's but like i said 300 is my limit. to save money since i have 2 sealed 12 boxes i was thinking just going w a 12. im split between 1 massive audio hippo 122 and NVX VCW 152 (which comes with free box). also looking at it being compatible w my current amp until i get another. my crunch is 4ohm bridged or 2x2ohm. also looking for it to be upgrade-able to a 1ohm setup so i was thinking the sub needs to be DVC 2ohm. any suggestions?

If you buy off one of these forums you could probably find a pair os sundown SA 12s an a saz1500 within your price range if your not in stone with a one sub setup.

Are you set on sealed as well or would you go ported?

id go ported but it must be able to sit in a sealed box atleast for a lil bit. i hear alot of the SA 12s. how would they compare to the ma hippo? im thinking the SA is more SQ then the hippo, right?

Well the SA subs can get very loud an sound great at the same time but they are not strictly a SQ sub an they can work in sealed boxes but they shine in ported boxes.

Massives website says that the 12" hippo is 4k peak but don't say rms, also says it has a 3" VC but in the description of the sub it says 2.5" VC.

I have never used the hippo but I have had a pair of SA 15s for almost a year on a crescendo 3k an they take it all day, but with that said maybe some of the other guys can chime in on this.

You can get a xfl 15 from @mylows10 and have 400 or a little under for a nice amp around 1500-1800+ watts. I have heard you can run a xfl at 2k+ with proper tuning and enclosure

yeah i too noticed the discrepancy in re to the vc but ive only found one instatnce of it bein said to have a 2.5" all other times its 3". RMS is 500-2000rms. 405oz motor. the sa is rated at 600 rms right? i see it for 199, is that bout right?

Ok 2. 12s will take up as much space as 1. 15 if your budget is at 300 no more then an xfl 15. For 215 shipped will work for you or 2 xfl 12s for 195 each shipped. These are new with warranty to. They get very loud and take note power than your amp prolly puts out to. Pm me if you wanna talk more

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.