Help me pick out some subs

Participant count
  • Participant list
I've got around 2000 to 2600 watts RMS. I had 2 15" NVX VCW154. Seems I blew them up. Almost locked solid. That wonderful burning smell. /Sigh On the bright side I suppose it's time for some new ones. Right now I have a Dodge Challenger 2012 RT. Those 15s were sitting in a box with about 1.6cu sq ft. If I keep the box I'll need something that will fit the air space and wattage. If anyone has any suggestions I'm also willing to change things up a bit as long as I can keep the subwoofer box around the same dimensions. Here is the link to my current subwoofer box. 32 x 17 x 16 inches.

A good sealed box sub is the fi q. Maybe ssa gcon?

But youd be better off porting 1 15 around 3.75-4cu imo. An ssa xcon would do great in 4cu on 2k ish

I have two alpine type xs I could sell they would work great in that space. Idk what kind of power your running but there super efficient and musical. Did a 140 sealed on dash clamped under 400 watts in a daily set up no way or shape for numbers. Rated 1K each though

I am powering them with a JBL Crown BPX2000.1 old school. Only had the amp up about half way. Listening to some low Decaf song. As for clipping, I can't say. They sounded good while they lasted.

I am powering them with a JBL Crown BPX2000.1 old school. Only had the amp up about half way. Listening to some low Decaf song. As for clipping, I can't say. They sounded good while they lasted.
Half way doesn't mean half power. Gain is not a volume knob. U need to match gain to HU output voltage. YouTube it

When I originally tuned it, there was no clipping on the amp. I took it up to the edge of where it was clipping and backed down the gain a bit from there. However that doesn't mean the youtube decaf version of it wasn't causing the subs to clip due to the way it was encoded / boosted. The amp has a decent clip indicator built into it.

it doesnt look like a bad sealed box woofer honestly but id imagine your looking for for more output. you box is about 17 per woofer. and 1kw is about all they will take. there not any highend woofers.

therminally in that small a box 1k per driver is pushing it, but chances are your signal was badly clipped.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.